-> When i build site on XAMPP (Windows) with following config

+ Apache 2.2.2
+ MySQL 5.0.21
+ PHP 5.1.4 + PEAR

and then migrate my site to my linux based server

Apache 1.3.37
PHP 4.4.4
MySQL 4.0.27-standard

Problems = I got that SQUID error once..on weblinks module..

I got the "could not register user" error

There are no problems when site runs on XAMPP or on the server ..the problem is only when i transfer site from XAMPP to the server

also when exporting database from XAMPP phpmyadmin i use the MySQL 4.0 compatibility option otherwise the sql statements dont work.

please advise..

thanks
CH

calvinhobbes
Re: Problems with diff PHP/MySQL versions ?

...there is surely a problem with phpmyadmin's MySQL 5 to MySQL 4 compatible export

the xoops_users uid was missing out on "auto_increment" option

there is a mysqldump command line method to change MySQL 5 to 4 but i havent yet tried that out..for the moment i am sticking to MySQL 4..instead of using 5.

cheers,
CH

calvinhobbes

..i took the structure of XOOPS original sql..and just exported the data..and it worked ...!!!

so now thats one way u can get MySQL 5 to work on MySQL 4...and not get the could not register user error

cheers
CH

Dave_L
  • 2006/11/17 15:47

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
calvinhobbes wrote:
...there is surely a problem with phpmyadmin's MySQL 5 to MySQL 4 compatible export

the xoops_users uid was missing out on "auto_increment" option

there is a mysqldump command line method to change MySQL 5 to 4 but i havent yet tried that out..for the moment i am sticking to MySQL 4..instead of using 5.

I think the problem is with MySQL, not phpMyAdmin. I experimented with various mysqldump options, and couldn't find any combination that would properly convert from MySQL 5 to MySQL 4, without losing attibutes such as auto-increment.

And the auto-increment attribute is kind of important.

Peekay
  • 2006/11/17 17:29

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Unfortunately the XAMPP developers seem determined to get you to install the very latest PHP and MySQL versions. You can actually switch between PHP 4 and 5 (they're both included in the XAMPP package) but it's a chore. It would be far better to have the choice of versions at the installation stage IMHO.

I believe you can still get XAMPP packages that install PHP 4 and MySQL 4, but there are no links to these from their website. Someone did post a link here once, but I lost it.

If you do re-configure, don't forget to mirror your server's 'register_globals' and 'safe_mode' settings too. Quite a few older XOOPS modules will simply not work with 'globals' off.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Dave_L
  • 2006/11/17 18:15

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

You can get older versions of XAMPP from http://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/

If you click on the "notes" icon for a particular version of XAMPP, it will list the PHP and MySQL versions.

calvinhobbes

..and because of the missing "auto_increment" option the new user was getting an UID of 0 because of which I was getting the "Could not register user" error

and if i go to Find Users and click on the user..it gave the message "User doesnt exist"

so there you go..if you get these two errors..one possibility is you are converting MySQL 5 to 4.

i feel like a pro

Bender
  • 2006/11/19 9:57

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

For older versions here is a link listing the details of either the linux or windows packages. Will give you a quick overview to find a particular combination:

Xampp - Detailed list of versions and package releases
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

455 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 455

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits