Twobit
XOOPS Copyright
  • 2006/11/13 17:01

• Twobit

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/13

Hello, im not sure if this is the correct place to ask - but it seemed like the best place...

Are we allowed to remove the XOOPS copyright? Is there a fee like some CMS offer?

The reason for asking is we have chagned CMSs about 4 times in the last 2 years - and our competition changes within 2weeks to our new system...

So to prevent this we are trying to get the rights to chagne to a different CMS - but without any visable links back to the creator - yes it seems like its a win for us and a loss to XOOPS. But we are willing to pay (as we are a non profit site - hopefully not to much) - just to remove the the footer XOOPS copyright....

Please if this is possible - let me know...

Herko
Re: XOOPS Copyright
  • 2006/11/13 17:52

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

You can remove the copyright in the footer page free of charge. Make sure you also remove the 'generator' meta tag in the theme.html head as that is a reference as well.

I don't like this, as it doesn't credit the work of the XOOPS community, but legally, you're allowed to do this.

A small donation to the project is always appreciated, of course

Herko

Twobit
Re: XOOPS Copyright
  • 2006/11/13 19:27

• Twobit

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/13

Ok - thanks. I will definitly setup a paypal accout/other and send a donation for this great program!

Login

Who's Online

410 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 410

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits