koumed
reinstall xoops without losing anything
  • 2006/11/12 18:27

• koumed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/17

I've tried to update XOOPS 2.0.13.2 to 2.0.15, but nothing worked anymore, all pages became white, I wanna reinstall XOOPS without losing anything(forum, my download, xoopspartners....) thank you

jensclas
Re: reinstall xoops without losing anything

First of all i would be checking that update by doing a search on updating, making sure you have followed it properly and troubleshoot those blank pages by looking up the blank page FAQ. You probably won't need to start over. However, if you think you must, Please do a search on 'backup'. Do a backup of your xoops, and your tables which store all your data. Then once you reinstall XOOPS you can import your data into it. If after searching you don;t quite understand what to do please let us know and we will see if we can help.

jensclas

Oh..and did you add the missing file - check this post: here Quote:
As mentioned earlier, the download release of 2.0.15 may have a problem with some modules, with the form.php file.

koumed
  • 2006/11/12 19:27

• koumed

• Just popping in

yes i have followed the instruction properly, can you explain step by step how to save my data, and reinstall thank you

koumed
  • 2006/11/12 19:29

• koumed

• Just popping in

I have XOOPS 2.0.13.2 Arabic, i didnt even update it, i was trying to

JCDunnart
  • 2006/11/12 19:33

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

To save your data use a program like phpmyadmin.

It would be good to know why you get a blank page. Did you try the blank page FAQ suggestions, to try to display an error message?

If you just want to go back to 2.0.13.2 backup your data and files and then just upload the 2.0.13.2 files again to your site.

koumed
  • 2006/11/12 20:23

• koumed

• Just popping in

how can i save my database by using phpMyAdmin?

lucky_phd
  • 2006/11/12 21:08

• lucky_phd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/13

I'm a bigginer but I think that this solution will work. Select all tabels and then klick on export. You will save all tabels. You can after that use import to import that sql file. As I said I'm a bigginer, and You can wait for someone with more expirience to answer!
First Serbian flyfishing website
www.musicarenje.org

Chappy
  • 2006/11/12 21:30

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

As has been said before, though perhaps not in these words, there may be another reason why you have blank pages and you should try and fix that issue before you move on to trying to update (IMHO). What path did you take to upgrade? Did you run any upgrade scripts when you upgraded?

Did you go from 2.0.13.2 to 2.0.15? If you did the latter, you should understand that it is probably not good to bypass releases when upgrading. It's best to upgrade release by release eg. 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 to 2.0.15. Also, make sure to run any attendant upgrade scripts. There's a script (in the upgrade folder) in 2.0.14 that you must run to upgrade from 2.0.13 to 2.0.14. Likewise with 2.0.15. If these upgrade scripts aren't run, then significant changes that occur in the database will not be made. And, in recent releases, significant changes were made. If those changes aren't made, it heightens the possibility that you're site won't run as is.

Also, if you upgrade without finding out what's wrong you exponentially increase the risk that you will lose data. If the database changes and you try to reinject the old database data, you'll likely cause yourself greater amounts of misery. The changes may not be that great. On the other hand, they may.

But, that's just my two cents, pesos, etc.
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

koumed
  • 2006/11/12 21:34

• koumed

• Just popping in

thank you, yeah you're right ^^

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits