MyAlbum - Allowing a user group global delete priviliges
  • 2006/11/8 18:03

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Hi

MyAlbum 2.83, XOOPS 2.0.13.2

Also posted here at Peak.ne.jp/xoops

In my case, on my lost dogs site, I have a user (a moderator) who is going to delete reports (photos) that she knows are now invalid or that have expired. So I need her to be able to 'Edit' and therefore have access to the delete button to delete photos even though she did not submit them.

I have a user group, called 'Moderators'. I have added the user in question to both the 'Registered Users' group and the 'Moderators' user group.

I have given the user group 'Moderators' permission to 'Super Post', 'Super Edit' and 'Super Delete'. But when they log in, there is no 'Edit' button for the members of the moderators group to delete photos submitted by other users - only the photo's submitted by themselves can be deleted.

The only way, it seems, is to give them administrative permissions over the entire module, but I don't want that.

Is there any way that I can enable this single user delete priviliges over the MyAlbum module? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Ted

tedsmith
Re: MyAlbum - Allowing a user group global delete priviliges
  • 2006/11/10 9:12

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I guess this is by design.

So in order to hack it, anyone know how I'd grant this one particular user with edit permissions of all photos but no admin rights to the module?

Login

Who's Online

424 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 423

jjdai,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!