navanywhere
Move Zen Cart 0.3 Blocks to Xoops Block Column

How do I move the main Zen Cart menu blocks over to the XOOPS main menu blocks? Is that possible to do via the Zen Cart admin or is there a way to edit the PHP file? If you can edit the PHP file to do this can you please explain how?

navanywhere
Re: Move Zen Cart 0.3 Blocks to Xoops Block Column

I think I figured it out. I am able to get one portion of a Zen Cart menu subheading into the main menu by editing the main XOOPS Blocks. I would like to get all of the key Zen Cart menu items over to the main XOOPS block menu though.

navanywhere

Now I removed all of the other Zen Cart block menu items to the right. Now I have a table of white space. Can remove this table without messing up the block positioning? Thanks.

Quest
  • 2006/10/25 12:26

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

In your blocks admin there is a shopping cart block. You can choose which one of the zen cart blocks you want to use and where. After that you build the blocks using buildcache.php. There is one problem with this, from a fresh install it only allows the capability of one block. Minor bug. wwwcad post or sent me some instructs on it several months ago but I can't find them nor a post on here.
Basically you have to modify the xoops_version.php and update the module.
I could send you the shop xoops_version.php I have with the additional blocks I added. It will create more than one shop block and you can choose then choose the different blocks and then buildcache and they will appear and be integrated with your XOOPS theme.

Quest

navanywhere

Quote:

Quest wrote:
I could send you the shop xoops_version.php I have with the additional blocks I added. It will create more than one shop block and you can choose then choose the different blocks and then buildcache and they will appear and be integrated with your XOOPS theme.

Quest

I sent you a PM. Thanks for your offer to help. I would like to know how the to remove the white space that is left over after the blocks are reordered. All of my attempts have resulted in the Zen Cart page not showing up in Xoops.

navanywhere

Thanks for your kind help Quest! Your php file cleared up my problem. Now I can finally work on filling up my store with neat stuff. Have fun.

navanywhere

Quote:

navanywhere wrote:
Now I removed all of the other Zen Cart block menu items to the right. Now I have a table of white space. Can remove this table without messing up the block positioning? Thanks.

I also wanted to add that I solved this problem by editing the - shop/includes/templates/xoopstheme/common/tpl_main_page.php
area. I changed the -CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '1'- to '0' as so:

<?php
if (COLUMN_LEFT_STATUS == or (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '0' and $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '')) {

// global disable of column_left

$flag_disable_left true;
}
if (!isset(
$flag_disable_left) || !$flag_disable_left) {
?>

The blank white left column block area vanished.

Quest
  • 2006/10/26 1:09

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

There is another way to do that in the zen cart admin. You have to look for it but you can have zen cart left column or not, you can do the same thing for the right column too in the zen cart admin. By setting the zen cart left column to false the zen cart center column and right columns blend pretty much seamlessly with the zoops theme when you actually enter the zen cart area.
It is located under zen cart admin Configuration Layout Settings. Scroll down until you find Column Left Status-Global and Column Right Status-Global. The global setting controls whether or not to have a zen cart left, right or both column(s). This is not the same as the Layout Box Controller.
Sorry for not understanding your problem earlier.
Hope that makes sense? I just hate to see you hack the core code like that unecessarly.

Quest

Shelia
  • 2006/11/7 19:34

• Shelia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/22

I am having the same problem and there really isn't any support on the developers site. Can I get a copy of the file too?

Thanks,
Shelia

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits