SearlNet
Anonymous login
  • 2006/11/7 2:33

• SearlNet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/7

I have a small inconvenience. how do i allow anonymous users to browers parts of my site. right now they have to register and login to see any menus other the the login menu. Well have a look my site is http://www.searlnet.net.

Thanks
Searl Network

Quest
Re: Anonymous login
  • 2006/11/7 3:09

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I am not sure what version of XOOPS you are using so I will tell you without the details. You set the blocks you want visible to visible and what page(s) you want them visible on. Then set permissions for those blocks for each group. So, if you want anonymous users to have access to the modules and blocks then you must grant them permission. Give them Module Access to each module you want them to be able to have access to, and put a check in any of the blocks you want them to be able to view too then click update group. You can find this in XOOPS 2.0.15 by going to administration/system/groups then Modify Anonymous.

HTHs
Quest

P.S. This works the opposite too. If you don't want them to see the Login Block you don't grant them permission to the Login Block by not putting a check in the Login Block for the anonymous user, etc.

SearlNet
Re: Anonymous login
  • 2006/11/7 3:54

• SearlNet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/7

Thanks very much.

I will say i have tryed just about all of the popular CMS systems and this is the best and only CMS I will use.

Thanks
Searl Network

Login

Who's Online

505 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 505

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits