BDW
HTTP_REFERRER problem - will it ever get fixed?
  • 2006/11/6 17:06

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

I've just had negative feedback added to my profile on eBay because someone couldnt log in to view banner stats. Tried telling him how to solve the problem to no avail.

This is through no fault of mines and I dont think its fair that should have this negative feedback.

So, when is the HTTP_REFERRER problem going to be resolved. Why should people have to be told to lower thier security setting on PC just so they can log into a website.

Is there a way to solve this without compromising the security of my site?

Barry

m0nty
Re: HTTP_REFERRER problem - will it ever get fixed?
  • 2006/11/6 17:36

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

why should you have to reduce the security of your website because some user blocks http headers when it's clearly stated in their firewalls or whatever that blocking http referrals can stop them accessing certain sites.

i would dispute the neg with ebay and that user.. who clearly doesn't understand wtf header referrals are used for or the implications it can have. ebay will probably find in your favour and remove the neg as it's clearly his computer and his settings that prevented him from viewing.

BDW
  • 2006/11/6 17:48

• BDW

• Quite a regular

I have already posted a dispute. Its just really p**ved me off since now I have 87% positive feedback now and all of a sudden no-one is buying from me.

Because of this i'm losing sales. Not only that is anyone gonna purchase banner impressions now that hes put that on my feedback profile.

Seems he has done it before to other people selling guess what ... yip Banner Impressions.

Wondering whether its worth selling them on eBay now.

m0nty
  • 2006/11/6 17:54

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i would file another report with ebay, for feedback abuse and give them links to his given feedback.

also point them to this thread if need be for verification.

you should aswell return the favour and you can respond to his neg with your own reply, explaining it was his problem & not yours.

BDW
  • 2006/11/6 18:15

• BDW

• Quite a regular

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
i would file another report with ebay, for feedback abuse and give them links to his given feedback.

Havent had a reply back from eBay yet so I will wait.

Will also point to this thread if they reply.

Oh and i already gave him positive feedback back when the whole thing was set up. But I have responded to his neg my own reply. I cant really see it making a difference tho since alot of people will see the 87% on the item page and say "Good-bye" before checking out why. Its the only neg I've got aswell.

I've also got the instructions on what to do if users cant log in on the website he has his impressions on aswell in "help" section and I showed him it and a post on RW_Banner that proves that other people can login and still he goes and posts the neg. Very impatient person. He also took around over a month to post the feedback aswell.

Will_H
  • 2006/11/6 19:02

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Yeah, get used to it.

If you are going to utilize eBay, you are going to have to deal with these "types" <- aren't I polite?

The only thing you can do is maintain your cool. If you react harshly, it looks worse on you.

I am sure that eBay will take care of it, in their own time.

BOL.

BDW
  • 2006/11/6 19:30

• BDW

• Quite a regular

Did some sigging on the net about http referer and found this guys website and he has a page to do with firewalls and it shows whether the users firewall is blocking HTTP Referer. Is this posible to do with a XOOPS set up?

http://www.wykes.org/

BDW
  • 2006/11/10 9:54

• BDW

• Quite a regular

Unfortunately eBay wont remove it unless its defamatory or the guy who gave me the neg mutually withdraws (which is never gonna happen as he is ingoring my emails).

What now?

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits