EncryptedMan
Custom Links in Main Menu not showing

I followed the faq's instructions and i added a link in the mainmenu block html, and then i updated system module, but the custom link i added won't appear, the name of the custom link is "Links" and it links to www.gamershideout.org/links/Categories.html

as you can see in this page i have added the link correctly and i also updated the module...

[url]www.gamershideout.org/modules/system/templates/blocks/system_block_mainmenu.html[/url]

EncryptedMan
Re: Custom Links in Main Menu not showing

no reply?

Quest
  • 2006/11/6 12:34

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I can't tell from what you posted if the code is correct. The url you posted does work however. The answer is in how you did it and where within the system_block_mainmenu.html you added your link code. Also it depends on if you are using a custom/cloned template set or not and or the other new template possibilities with in the 2.0.15 version of xoops. Try this:

Once again, you need to have a cloned template set for changes to the templates to work and have it set as your default template in the system/preferences/general settings. As well as Check Templates for Modifications set to "YES". Change it back to no for open production site after you make your change.

Place this in the systerm_block_mainmenu.html just after the last
<{/foreach}>
<!-- end module menu loop -->

<a class="menuMain" href="http://www.gamershideout.org/links/Categories.html" target="_blank">Links</a>

This is set to open in a new window. Remove target="blank" if you don't want it to open in a new window.

HTHs
Quest

EncryptedMan

Actually, I just placed the link in the footer.

But that doesn't solve problems, i think this problem is something else, I also remember trying to update one of the blocks it showed a list of latest flash games in vertical arrangement, i modified the html file to make it horizontal arrangement, and then i updated module, now when i edit the block from blocks list, and click view to see preview of block, things are fine just the way i want, but when i see the block on the pages and public, its still in the old way, the exact same case is with the "links" link im trying to add, it does show in the block preview properly along with the other list of links... any idea?

Quest
  • 2006/11/6 14:30

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Anyway you could let me have a look? Seeing is better than guessing cuz just ask anyone, I can guess all day long.

Did you add the link to the system_mainmenu.html like I mentioned in my last post? If you put it in the right place you shouldn't have the problem you are describing. It worked great when I tested it out on my test site.

Have you checked the admin/system/preferences/general settings to insure Check for Template changes are set to "YES"?

Have you ftpd to your site and deleted everything in the template_c folder (Except the index.html)?

Quest

EncryptedMan

it was just that i had to select yes in that option, all problems solved, thx for the help

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits