GadgetMn
Module devlopment mentor required
  • 2006/10/27 23:54

• GadgetMn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/15

I'm looking to write my first module and would like the help of someone who has done this before if possible.

The new documentation files explain the different elements in some detail but do everything but walk you through the building of a module...

I'm not looking to have the module written for me, I am keen to take on this task myself. What I would like to do via e-mail or Inbox is:

* Discuss requirements of module
* Help get the module off the ground
* Discuss table structures
* Building my first template
* Building my first block
* Help with administration
* Integration with other modules

All being well, this learning would then be applied back to the documentation to help other newbies...

Cheers,

GadgetMn

wizanda
Re: Module devlopment mentor required
  • 2006/10/28 8:26

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

I can help as I am at that same stage as you are, of needing to understand a full module development, made a few, yet very limited as in XOOPS templates ect and need to learn more my self and some how to record this for all other Xoopers...as you need also....

We could do with a good wiki that is easily transferable.....for all of us

As then between us we could have a guide like this started and more, as most of the documentation does exist and is being add to XOOPS Docs....

You can find a lot on here and asking plus googling it...helps lots....

Best way that I've started with, is dis-mantling other modules and seeing how these work....

Yet all that could be recorded in either a Wiki tree or been thinking about an AI system....As that would do wonders for XOOPS as a helpper system; rather then all our moderators and developers repeating them selfs on this forum, a well trained AI system could do it all for us....djuzeppe looked a really good php AI system, yet doesn't work properly...

Anyways any help can give, will do and hang around surfing all day, so feel free to stop by and ask and i check on here all day...as many Xoopers do....

Yet lot of the Doc's do exist just unsure on a more clearly pattern to follow...and will be glad when one is done at the top of Xoops.org main page asking you if you need assistance...with a Wiki search function that is clear and working....

GadgetMn
Re: Module devlopment mentor required
  • 2006/10/28 10:35

• GadgetMn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/15

wizanda,

Thanks for the offer. Check your inbox for a private message. There is a Wiki and the start of a load of documentation over on Module Dev Forge which is where we can add what we do to, hopefully corrected along the way by those that know...

Thanks again,

GagdetMn

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits