8ovari
I can not install xoops again !!!
  • 2006/10/27 22:09

• 8ovari

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/3

i try to install XOOPS but it says :

The installation can not be completed:

- You cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain.

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.

What i have to do now to fix this and install it again ???

jensclas
Re: I can not install xoops again !!!

Quote:

This means you already have a script (program like xoops) installed in your root directory...if you wished to start over you need to make sure everything is cleared first.

Alternatively you need to find out what is not working in the original alnstallation. We can't help with any of that if we are left to guess the details. Please follow the read before you post below.

8ovari
  • 2006/10/27 22:25

• 8ovari

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/3

You said that I cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain.

So. where can i clear the script ?

jensclas

Quote:
You said that I cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain.

I did not say this - your first post reported your installation message - XOOPS told you this:

Quote:
i try to install XOOPS but it says :

The installation can not be completed:

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.

So...you have obviously already tried to install it - if you wish to start over you need to clear it - you need access to the webroot - either through your website control panel or ftp program. If you do not know how to use these you will need to see the help files and websites associsated with them. If you can't work that out then contact your host to see if they can clear your files for you so you can start over.

Alternatively follow the instructions of 'Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.' you will need to understand what the reported errors are and identify how to fix them.

(If you are truly a beginner in this and you did not understand the notice XOOPS gave you you have a steep learning curve ahead of you and you must learn to manage your websites control panel and an ftp program as well as learn how XOOPS works. This is not just for installation but for the life of your site. You can't really run XOOPS without the tools of a website control, an ftp program, and an understanding of how to manage files and folders and you will also need to be prepared to learn about and understand phpmyadmin as on occassions you may need to use this tool too. )

Please be accurate in how you interpret what is written for you or you will be lost right from the start.

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits