jimbofoxman
Multiple Editor Sites?

For you that have sites that use multiple people for editing, what do you do for article submissions and needing images in them? I'm looking at the simple end user side. I can figure out what to do for an article and images, but what about people who aren't so computer savy, but willing to help with content generation?

snow77
Re: Multiple Editor Sites?
  • 2006/10/24 3:27

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

The image manager configured with user groups isn't working well for you?
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

jimbofoxman

Honestly, I haven't dealt with the usergroup stuff yet. I've tried several galleries now, so now maybe I am confused. But I think the only thing I have an issue with in using the Image Manager was the lack of thumbnails. For one particular website I am doing, we really need the higher resolution images (1024x768), but I don't necessarily want the larger images in the articles.

wizanda
  • 2006/10/24 11:03

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Well using Koivi editor or FCK (which still find over complicated my self)...You can resize the images to your needs...even add borders with the self contained image editor...

McDonald
  • 2006/10/24 11:38

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

One of the best editors for XOOPS is probably tinyeditor.
With tinyeditor you can configure the toolbars per user group.
It can use the standard XOOPS Imagemanager, but you can use more advanced image browsers as iBrowser and iManager if you like.

jimbofoxman

WOW, been playin with that TinyEditor. What an awesome module that is. Just need to figure out if it will do linkable thumbnails now.

Thanks to ALL for the tips!

McDonald
  • 2006/10/25 9:40

• McDonald

• Home away from home

I don't know what you mean with linkable thumbnails, but imangemanagers like iBrowser and iManager are having a lot of options.
TinyEditor is based on on the wysiwyg editor TinyMCE. Maybe there's a plugin for linkable thumnails, but I'm not sure. You could check the plugin section on the TinyMCE website for this.

McDonald
  • 2006/10/25 9:41

• McDonald

• Home away from home

I don't know what you mean with linkable thumbnails, but imangemanagers like iBrowser and iManager are having a lot of options.
TinyEditor is based on on the wysiwyg editor TinyMCE. Maybe there's a plugin for linkable thumnails, but I'm not sure. You could check the plugin section on the TinyMCE website for this.

McDonald
  • 2006/10/25 9:42

• McDonald

• Home away from home

McDonald
  • 2006/10/25 9:43

• McDonald

• Home away from home

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits