carnuke
Re: Ok, XOOPS theme sucks big time, it
  • 2006/10/18 20:08

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Thank-you Marco, I'm behind with the times maybe I look forward to seeing the new themes area. I know many creative people are working hard to offer resources to the XOOPS project.

My point here is simple, We have been here many times before. We see opportunities for inovation and change, we see great ideas, but somehow the 'button never gets clicked' here on xoops. It's as if we feel we should provide a 'skeleton' on xoops.org and that other users need to provide their own creativity to make XOOPS look good.

From a marketing POV this is crazy. xoops.org is the 'shop window' the 'showroom'. Developers will see the potential of XOOPS by its code, but the ordinary user sees 'features, style and fashionable looks. Programmers may not appreciate this, because they are only intersted in good code (god bless them) but that is only half the story of a website system. Designers are also required to 'dress the machine' into something classy and extraordinary.
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

Marco
Re: Ok, XOOP theme sucks big time, it
  • 2006/10/18 20:19

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

yep, we have opened discussion many times, but now it's time for action. I personaly believe in quick steps.
I've made the QA Checklist (i'm waiting for the new version of the Formulaire module, which has benefit from our QA testing.That version should not be so long to go out) , Portfolio Project is under processing (i still have to call other XOOPS communities for contribution). Rowd and doc team have started some nice works on documentation. Phppp and i have nice ideas for d.x.o.
i would like to see more people at work in the future,but for now we need to install cleaner areas, and a short period of time, and it's difficult for that part to be many at work. Stay tuned, a management area is under process too, so we will be able to discuss further. In some works we are currently organizing/installing things to facilitate movement and team works. That's why we are discrete actually.
marco
Do synergy or die.

carnuke
  • 2006/10/18 20:31

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Thank-you Marco. Be assured those who work hard to make XOOPS a better place are seen and well appreciated. Sometimes one has to step forward, to be provocative, to stir the muddy waters in order to maintain the energy of change. My thread here is only intended for the benefit of xoops, but be assured, I will press forward with this, maybe against popularity, untill I see XOOPS receive the recognition it deserves.
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

Marco
  • 2006/10/18 20:40

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

yep, as you know, end user is always right !
we will try to move things a little bit alltogether.
thanks for your kind words

marco
Do synergy or die.

dlh
  • 2006/10/23 1:55

• dlh

• Since: 2002/2/20

Here here! This is something I've suggested for a long time. Xoops.org is functional but does nothing to show off the "power under the hood".

Not much else to say but "BUMP" - I'd like to keep this topic active until we build some momentum.

Dan
GuitarGearHeads.com

In the words of Thomas Edison, "Hell, there are no rules here--we're trying to accomplish something."

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits