gordo
Time Zones
  • 2006/10/13 22:24

• gordo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/17

I am having a problem with time.

My server is on GMT and my local is GMT+1 I set this in preferences and it makes no dam difference. We are having quite a few problems when it comes to posting in News and Soapbox.. some articles just won't post because of timing and as I have 3 writers life is become increasingly ******* frustrating

If I can get it sorted I will have to find a way of converting to another CMS can't put up with this.

I did post in another forum how to disabled or delete timestamp in the modules as I thought this would help solve the problem.

anyone please

Quest
Re: Time Zones
  • 2006/10/14 2:09

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Have you set it in user account too? Edit Account. News has had a problem with timestamp since I can remember. Mine is always a few hours off so when I post a news article I just set the time of the article to a few hours before or after. Which ever is needed to make the adjustment so when viewed the time displays correctly. For the most part I don't even bother, since for my case no one really knows nor does it matter the exact time the news was posted. I admit however it would be nice if someone came up with or had a fix for the news 1.44 timestamp problem and would post it for the community. I don't use soap. Well I do but just not the box.

gordo
Re: Time Zones
  • 2006/10/14 8:13

• gordo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/17

Thanks for replying quest. it is not so much having the correct time set as you say no-one knows or really cares, it is the fact that the article doesn't get posted if the time isn't correct. it sits in as a submission and stays there ..

The site is news and colum based and it is hair pullingly fristrating to keep trying to post a article to find it just sits a looks at you.

Glad to hear about the soap mate...

I am begining to think the problem also has a connection with the server time being one thing and me being in another zone, as on a test site where the both server and myself are in the same zones.

Unless someone knows differently that is

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits