Aianda
updates to news block templates don't get used in page creation
  • 2006/10/12 12:23

• Aianda

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/12

I have updated the recent news block template and it is not used when drawing up a page, rather the original one is used.

I have tried everything regarding getting the update through,eg turning on update template, turning off cache, and deleting template cache files and cache files. Other template changes for other modules work. Any tips to get changes going?

http://launchpadisrael.wajsbrem.com/

Herko
Re: updates to news block templates don't get used in page creation
  • 2006/10/12 12:47

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Tips:

Are you updating the templates in the correct way?
If you update the template files in the modules/modulename/templates/blocks/ folder, then the answer is no.

Depending on your XOOPS version, AND the original version used to create the XOOPS site, you need to either edit the templates in the database through the system admin -> templates section (clone the default template set first, you cannot edit the default template set, and edit the cloned set. set the active template set in the system admin -> preferences -> general settings page),

or, if your site was built from XOOPS 2.0.14 from the ground up, you can override the templates via your theme by adding the edited templates to the themes/yourcurrentthemename/modules/modulename/blocks/ folder (you'll have to create the path from your theme folder). There is a good description on how to override templates announced in the news.

Hope this helps.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits