conagra0
Error message during installation(mainfile.php can't be edited but said it could it inital screen)
  • 2006/9/10 19:05

• conagra0

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/10

It did say that it was writeable in the previous screen.

Quote:
Warning: copy(../mainfile.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in d:\home\hnt26c225\xoops-2.0.14\htdocs\install\class\mainfilemanager.php on line 52 Saving configuration data.. Could not write into mainfile.php. Please check the file permission and try again.

Quote:
hecking file and directory permissions.. Directory uploads/ is writable. Directory cache/ is writable. Directory templates_c/ is writable. File mainfile.php is writable. No errors detected.

Any help thanks.

wcrwcr
Re: Error message during installation(mainfile.php can't be edited but said it could it inital scree
  • 2006/9/10 21:38

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi

Just in case did you already check if the mainfile.php is CHMOD 777 ?

conagra0
Re: Error message during installation(mainfile.php can't be edited but said it could it inital scree
  • 2006/9/10 23:42

• conagra0

• Just popping in

Ahhh I'm in Mircosofts frontpage program and can't seem to find that setting, I know where it is in WS_FTP but unsure how to find it in Frontpage.

Edit: I was just searching a bit but I assume "CHMOD 777" is only available on Unix servers correct? Well mine is not, is there any way around it?

maxima
  • 2006/9/11 2:50

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/4 4

That D drive usually is CD rom. Anyway I assume you have assigned the letter to a writable fixed drive with a server app installed. You should check the permission by right clicking on the mainfile.php and click properties then look at the bottom for the attributes. If read only is checked then uncheck it and try the install again.

conagra0
  • 2006/9/11 4:03

• conagra0

• Just popping in

Actually I figured it out, there was nothing I could do I had to send in a support ticket to my host and they did it there.

cyfoo
  • 2006/10/5 19:07

• cyfoo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/5

i face the same problem duirng my installation too.

May i kwn how do u put this to your hosting provider for them to help out?

Thx

jensclas

Hi
I wish to install XOOPS to my site but in order to do so I must have access to change the security settings on mainfile.php. Can you please make it CHMOD 777 or let me know how I can do so myself. When I am finished installing I will need to to change it back to where it is for the sites security. So I will let you know when I am done.

Thankyou.

mhpalm
  • 2006/10/8 4:09

• mhpalm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/25

I had the same problem but you can change it to 777 by doing the following:
Log onto your web server and get into the file manager on the server.
Then select mainfile.php and change it to 777

to change it back just do the same thing.

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits