fredgsanford
MySpace profile module wanted!

I am looking for someone to create me a MySpace profile module in English with no bugs where members can add friends to their profiles, and have a profile exacty or close to a MySpace profile?

I will not be allowing members to upload video, or audio files to my site so I would prefer the members be able to embed remote audio/video files into their profiles that they can choose from the "downloads" module.

Members must be able to add comments on other member's profiles.

Serious XOOPS coders please PM me your bids.

We all know that XOOPS is the best social networking script on the internet anyways, so why let a few modules hold us back? ... none of the MySpace clones I have tried can even hold a candle to XOOPS yet they are cashing in on the social networking craze.
I would rather use XOOPS to power my community than that other rubbish out there.

wizanda
Re: MySpace profile module wanted!
  • 2006/10/8 7:55

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Depends if you like the myspace idea and yahoo360, msn live now also...and head down that same root....

My epinion they don't work....yeh many people go and start as it is to promote them selfs, yet hardly anyone goes back to chat....

The myspace bit is really a users profile and a little work in 2.4 you can add all catergory fields...

userpage is a full html page for users...
Article provided mulitpages as myspace user want....
Wiwimod is basically a full XOOPS site arrangment and multipages...

There are thing started along the path, yet Xoops.. as you would then have two profiles...which can already do more then myspace if filled in to ask the same question...

you see I was thinking about it also; yet don't feel myspace layout provides anything XOOPS doesn't have...in fact far less and promote self satifaction and greed....where as if you look how a XOOPS system runs already the focal point in it is us....so we come back to help each other...myspace is like 1st sign up then get lost...then ask people and find they got lost; ask how to fix it and they say just hack straight into it.....mmmm I see titanic waiting to happen

I do feel with a little work using things like multimenu, you could make a myspace layout and still keep the focal point on community and get something far more intresting...

Saying that did like msn live as you can drag and drop your own block arrangment...

Anyways just some ideas to remember when people get on a donkey and you have race-horse..in a race you would have won.... untill you traded your race-horse for said donkey as kid's on the beach used it, for a bit... as it looked fun to begin with...untill they got bored and released it was slow ...

nypd2
  • 2007/1/13 23:01

• nypd2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/13

well i agree with wizanda . XOOPS has all, even more then myspace.com

I am building a XOOPS site. What i think is most importaint... well design (has to be light and catching) and advertisment... you ahve to pay some cash for online advertisin on your XOOPS site...

i will lonch my site with the following features (xoops module)

News
Blogs - user can have their own blogs
Groups - can have their own groups
Album - picture albums (private/public by user definition)
Video - users upload ideos
Events - Users post videos
Games - Play flash games

But fredgsanford is right also, that XOOPS user profile should be extended. I tested SmartProfile but it is for 2.2 platform and i am running 2.0.16

davidl2
  • 2007/1/13 23:52

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Quote:

nypd2 wrote:
I tested SmartProfile but it is for 2.2 platform and i am running 2.0.16

SmartProfile is for 2.0.16 ... not 2.2

preachur
  • 2007/1/24 1:38

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

I have gave my users a tutorial on the mypage module so they can iframe their myspace profiles into the site. They will like it because they can put more than one profile on their XOOPS page.

Here's what I have so far for a tutorial:

http://crusthaven.com/modules/userpage/index.php?page_id=2
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

tcnet
  • 2007/1/24 2:59

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

A custom profile built with Mithandir's Smart Profile Module with a link to a user page built with Herve's User Page module might do the trick for 2.0.16.

Xoopsers using 2.2.4 (not recommended for production sites) could customize the user profile, add an additional DHTML long text field and tweak the profile template. Custom profile with full page text area! Once again, Thanks to Mithandir.

preachur
  • 2007/1/24 3:35

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

I would LOVE to install Mithandir's Smart Profile Module. Unfortunately I'm partial to php 4.4.4 and that module only works with 5.
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits