glidetothe
Subscribing to A Xoops Site
  • 2006/10/3 19:52

• glidetothe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/3

I'm trying to find a way for a person to get an email notification of a new posting on my XOOPS site, BUT I don't want them to have to register ... I'm looking for them to simply type in an email address and click "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" type button. Then they would need to click on a confirmation link. I'm trying to avoid them registering a username and password.

Thanks in advance!

gestroud
Re: Subscribing to A Xoops Site
  • 2006/10/4 0:53

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I think the best way to currently do this is to take the RSS for the module you want people to be notified of (if it has an RSS feed) and add set up an account on Feedburner.com.

One of the features they offer is the ability for you to create an e-mail sign up form for when there are updates. The person does not have to be a registered member of your site.

Once you set up the account at Feedburner, look for the "Publicize" tab. You'll find a link to create an email form for your site and a few other handy, little tools that are perfect for syndicating your site.

It works out great for all the sites I use it on and I don't need to create newsletters anymore.

glidetothe
Re: Subscribing to A Xoops Site
  • 2006/10/4 19:54

• glidetothe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/3

Wow this is a cool idea!

I'm using WF-Downloads module. I'm not seeing anywhere in the module where it lets me set up RSS. Suggestions. I'd like Feedburner email subsribers to notified when I put a new file up on the WF-Downloads area.

Thanks so much!

Login

Who's Online

439 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 439

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits