wizanda
Re: Big problem with upgrade, please help!
  • 2006/10/2 12:06

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Yeh of course there is number 1 stop panic-ing its scaring me...

right if you still have the Information of the databases there you can always export the tables out indervidually for any module...and seclect drop_database option in msyql admin...

so what I do is get all the indervidual modules...sql file...

Then all the forum ect and so you then can start from 2.0.15 as I just did with my whole system like 3 times over a few weeks of not liking it...

Now that you install the system first knowing you have the information at hand...for each module in seperate sql files for upload
you can then install each module as it was first with no information in yet...
Then import the MySQL files which you set as drop_database when you export to begin with of the modules and information you need to keep...this will then leave the modules tables where you need them...yet with XOOPS system core configs blank..so you then just reset where things were before the processs...

this has a few advantages of you can upgrade modules to latest version in advance also so you start from the latest revision and no missing files or extra files in your XOOPS site...

As I did that my site had also been running for 2 years with extra modules added hack ect and so wanted it clean..yet when you panic you miss that is always an option..

As long as you can get the information from MySQL even in one full copy i have had to do this, and dismantle it seperate files as to be able to upload it later...

Hope that helps, as you could go back or move forward depending where your backup the server has for you is; as you will still need to upgrade after anyways...

This can also all be done in advance on WAMP so that if users are there it is amtter of just close the site for 5 mins while the full database from your home server is prepared.

Quest
Re: Big problem with upgrade, please help!
  • 2006/10/2 12:36

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I don't think it is a lost cause. Part of your site is viewable so that actually is good news. All we have to do is figure out what out of many possibities could be the problem with your admin and why you are getting blank pages.

You should post as much info as you can regarding your site by viewing this and completeing the info then posting it here:Please read before posting

Quote:
Copy the following template into your post and fill-in as much information as possible. The more information you give, the more likely you will receive a quick and effective reply to your post.

XOOPS Version:
Module Name/Version:
PHP Version:
MySQL Version:
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other):
Operating System:
Theme you are using:
Custom template: (Yes/No)
PHP Debug Messages:
MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages:
A full description of the issue:

Others with greater experience can then possibly be more helpfull.

Login

Who's Online

413 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 413

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits