jordi_rc
Please a way to create new fields
  • 2006/9/30 15:15

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/21

Hello.

I am changin my XOOPS to allow new fields in registration, and now I have Avatar selection when one joins.

Now I need to add some fields. I added the real name as you told me in the FAQs.

I looked at userinfo.php and edituser.php and I saw there are some extrange fields called:
ALL ABOUT, STATISTICS, MY INFO, BASIC INFO, MORE ABOUT, SHOW ALL.

Sometimes they are called a different way, but these are their names.

What are that fields? Can I add them to the profile of the user as I did with 'name' ?

If I want to add some other fields similar to uname or extra_info, how should I do it? I saw that uname and extra_info have fields in xoops_user DB table. SHould I add something to the database in order to add my own user profile fields?

Please tell me a general method to do this. I really need it.

Jordi
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

wizanda
Re: Please a way to create new fields
  • 2006/9/30 15:55

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

In XOOPS 2.0.15 we haven't implemented it yet and use to make a hack to change the fields.
Yet this is what we are working towards and is available in beta (as such) being the 2.4 version which has adjustable fields...
Like the hack use to yet being fully built into XOOPS properly... we are just working to bridge the gap between 2.4 and 2.0.15 so all modules work with each...

p.s forgive me on later model number maybe 2.2 yet simple XOOPS was 2.4 so me a bit muddled

jordi_rc
  • 2006/9/30 16:05

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/21

Thanks for replying Wizanda.

I will try to add my fields manually.

The only question is if I must add a variable to the database xoops_user to do this. I suppose the answer is yes. Is it?
I mean, like $bio is for extra_info.

Jordi
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

wizanda
  • 2006/9/30 16:16

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

If you have a look about there will be the hack post some where as it continued for ages untill it was made into xoops...i think it contained alot of what people were upto too do so...

Login

Who's Online

524 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 524

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits