artigas
Problem with Permissions ???
  • 2006/9/21 12:07

• artigas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/21

Greetings -

Xoops Version 2.0.13.2

I am not sure were to post this problem so I certainly hope I am in the right place.

My website has been functional for a while. And I have not upgraded modules in a while. The wfdownloads module is version 2.04 2005/6/4 8:16.

When trying to upload a new file I now get the error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /modules/wfdownloads/submit.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have tried this as an user and as an admin. No luck with either.

Where do I start looking for this error?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Regards,
Roberto Artigas
If you move one grain of sand at a time to the same location eventually you will create a mountain.

Quest
Re: Problem with Permissions ???
  • 2006/9/21 12:23

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I would start in the administration/Wfdownloads Module general settings/preferences first. Then I would check administration/system/groups to make sure access has been granted to the module. Are you saying that it used to work and then poof it no worky no more?

Quest

artigas
  • 2006/9/21 15:46

• artigas

• Quite a regular

Greetings -

Correct. Poof! And it does not work anymore.

And I had already checked the user and admin permisions and everything is set up correctly and all the checkboxes to give the correct permissions.

However, since you sugested it, I checked again the module permisions, the group permissions, etc. Access and administrative access is set up for the administrators. Everything looks correct.

I have not updated anything lately. So it might be something the host did or not. And I want to attempt to solve the issue before I say anything.

What are the correct permissions (chmod) that need to be set for the wfdownload directories?

If I know the normal setting I can go and verify that these are set correctly.
Regards,
Roberto Artigas
If you move one grain of sand at a time to the same location eventually you will create a mountain.

artigas
  • 2006/9/21 20:04

• artigas

• Quite a regular

Greetings - Anyone?

Thanks In Advance.
Regards,
Roberto Artigas

Quest
  • 2006/9/22 2:24

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

From wfdownloads 3.10_final

CHMOD the following folders to 777:

wfdownloads/images
wfdownloads/images/category
wfdownloads/images/category/thumbs
wfdownloads/images/screenshots
wfdownloads/images/screenshots/thumbs

Also make sure that the {xoops-rootdirectory}/uploads folder is set to 777.

artigas
  • 2006/9/23 2:24

• artigas

• Quite a regular

Greetings Quest -

Thank you for your anwser. That fixed the specific problem.

I also found out that my host had upgraded the server lately to a new machine and that might have caused the problem to triger.

He also upgraded the server to PHP5 and that caused some problems with "Web Links" until I upgraded that module to the latest version.

Which might mean I need to do a bit of investigation on the latest version of wfdonwloads to see if I need to upgraded. I am kind of reluctant to upgrade what is working, since the last time I did that with wfdownloads I had to reinstall everything from scratch. And my download section has increased quite a bit since then.

Again thank you assistance. It is appreciated.
Regards,
Roberto Artigas

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits