Bender
Re: website hangs at /user.php
  • 2006/9/19 20:54

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

The_Cheese wrote:
about changing themes... i can't get into my site so i can't change the theme. i can ftp into it though. i have a backup that i can reinstall but i don't won't to have to do that.

Sure you can:

Lets say your folder structure is
/themes/default
/themes/yourtheme

1. rename the folder yourtheme to yourtheme2
2. rename the folder default to yourtheme

You can easily revert this later and XOOPS will use the default theme.

(another way would be to change it in the db but i would have to look that up and am too lazy right now)

Clean out rootdir\templates_c though.

Also:
- empty the sessions table in the database
- if nothing helps try to remove protector from the mainfile and see how that goes
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

allnewtome
  • 2006/9/19 21:00

• allnewtome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/30

To the fellow who had the problem with 2.0.15 - I've (touch wood) had no problems, but I did change the redirects on user.php so that if users clicked a link to the site, but a members-only area, they went straight to their intended link after logging in (rather than to back(-1)).

To the fellow with the cheese site - I agree with the other chap, it must be something on your home page (index.php) as all the other scripts work OK. That's why it's hanging after log in when the page prior to log in was the home page. Also, it's probably something that's only visible to registered users (as the home page works fine before log in). Disable any registered-user-only blocks on the home page as a first step before doing anything complicated

Hope that helps.

The_Cheese
  • 2006/9/20 13:23

• The_Cheese

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/10

wierd thing happened....
i changed the theme folder name and tried all that but it didn't work. it would just come up as XOOPS theme with none of my site on it so i changed them back. then i emptied the rootdir\templates_c folder after i backed it up. then nothing would come up, just a blank screen so i restored that folder. so i was going to have my website provider do a restore of my whole server but before they did anything the site started working fine so they did not do a restore.

this is the only thing that i don't like about Xoops, it's very unpredictable. i've found this to be true in alot of cases but i'm not an expert at this so i'm still learning.

thanks for all the help guys i really do apprecate it.

iHackCode

is the templates_c folder, chmod 777?
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

The_Cheese
  • 2006/9/20 15:19

• The_Cheese

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/10

yes it is

Login

Who's Online

97 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 97

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits