TheNewbie
Dynamic Multimenu
  • 2006/9/19 11:26

• TheNewbie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/11

For the Multimenu-module:

Quote:
To make the dynamic links to work, it is necessary to add ' / ' (trailin slash) at the end of links linking to directory!

I don't quite understand this.

How can I have a mainlink that not links to anything, but opens up the dynamic sublinks 'below'?

blueteen
Re: Dynamic Multimenu
  • 2006/9/19 12:22

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/16

hello,
are you talking about 'switch vertical' menu ?

this sentence :

Quote:

To make the dynamic links to work, it is necessary to add ' / ' (trailin slash) at the end of links linking to directory!

concerns only "relative secondary links" (opposite to permanents secondary links)

for switch vertical menu, you can leave url empty.
then, clicking on this title, all his secondary permanents links will be visible

and sorry for my bad english

tempel33
  • 2006/9/19 13:47

• tempel33

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/5

and what about the trailing slash "/"? add that at the end of the relative secondary link? or I simply create mainlink that has only a slash?
I still think it is very unclear... and what "directory" that has "links linking" to it?
blueteen, this is what i understand. i need a mainlink (that can be empty), secondary permanent links (which will become visible) and "relative secondary links" that point to the above mysterious "directory"? Beats me...

blueteen
  • 2006/9/19 14:07

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/16

example of relative links :
for the module 'news 1.44'
when i'm on the news webpage :http://www.site.com/modules/news/
i can see a link 'archives' on the main menu.
if i leave this page (to open contact module for example), this link is no more visible in main menu.

permanent link are always available.
it's hard to me, to explain this in english

TheNewbie
  • 2006/9/19 15:45

• TheNewbie

• Just popping in

Thanks for responding blueteen and tempel33, but I'm still confused!

Yes, I understand what dynamic-links or a 'switch vertical-menu' is (although the link to site.com was corrupt?) and it's exactly what I want. But I don't understand how to make it.

I've tried to leave the URL of the mainlink blank and/or add the trailing slash various places without getting it to work.

jonas
  • 2006/9/19 15:54

• jonas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/27

Hey The Newbie i did it this way..
For Block Fornat I use "- drop down vertical"
I left blank the item Web Tools(as a Mainlink)
Then i used Permanent Sublinks for the sub items

you can see it HERE

Jonas
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.[size=x-small] [ Mark Twain ][/size]...

TheNewbie
  • 2006/9/20 14:19

• TheNewbie

• Just popping in

Hmm your menu does look good Jonas, but I don't have any such thing as "- drop down vertical" for block format. Only "Drop list", which creates a ... drop-list. This does not look good in the main-menu.

This turns out to be a nut to crack, I cannot believe that nobody has not encountered this 'problem' before.

tempel33
  • 2006/9/20 14:28

• tempel33

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/5

I gave up trying to understand the mystery of the "trailing slash" the end of the "links linking to directory". True, I have multimenu working, but from time to time I wonder what wonderful things I am missing because of the above.
Seems there is no English writer that understands the issue.

Jonas: where exactly did you use the "trailing slash"? Or did you use it?

jonas
  • 2006/9/20 15:48

• jonas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/27

Quote:

tempel33 wrote:

Jonas: where exactly did you use the "trailing slash"? Or did you use it?

i used a trailing slash when it pointed to just a directory

Hey TheNewbie what version of multimenu are you using... i am using 1.8 and the drop down vertical option is in the config for the block

jonas
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.[size=x-small] [ Mark Twain ][/size]...

TheNewbie
  • 2006/9/20 19:42

• TheNewbie

• Just popping in

Thank you Jonas for pointing out that I didn't have the latest version. I downloaded the latest and installed it. I can see there are more options in this version, but I still have problems so I think I might not configure it in the right way.

This is what I have tried.

1) Went to 'multiMenu 01' and added a mainlink with title 'main'. Left 'link' blank, because I want this to just open for the dynamic/related links below.

2) Added two links named 'test' and 'test2' + www.links for these. Set type to related sublink.

3) Went to Blocks and edit the multiMenu01 Block. Set 'Block Format' to 'Switch Vertical' and after that 'Drop down vertical'. Neither work.

* Setting the link-type to permanent sublink does work, but is not what I want.

Thanks for all help so far!

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits