nunomoc
HELP! My CBB 3.05 icon images are missing!
  • 2006/9/8 9:50

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/23

Can't figure out why but the icons that relate to Rate topic, print the topic, etc, just don't show up in my forum on the HOVER MENU.
The images are there on the server (I've checked) but on the page, it's like they don't exist...
Could this be a template related problem? Cause I had 3.04 and the problem was the same. I updated yesterday to 3.05 and the problem continues.
Where in the template can I see the images address?
Can anybody HELP?

Please check the forum here -> Ultra-Secreto

phppp
Re: HELP! My CBB 3.05 icon images are missing!
  • 2006/9/8 11:02

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

nunomoc
  • 2006/9/8 21:19

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

Thank you phppp. Just hope that someone can help me fix this problem. I?ve tried everything since updating to the latest version, and just can't find the bug...

nunomoc
  • 2006/9/9 12:46

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

Phppp, any idea why this is happening on my website only? I've tried everything and I just can't figure out why my template totally screws up like it does.

I've added some pics so that you can see the difference between what I think it should be and what it isn't.

Also, I noticed that icons like "Quote" don't show up like they should be and the RATE of the topic simply disapears when you enter the topic. It's like the topic never received a rate. But if you are outside this topic you can see the rate...

Resized Image

phppp
  • 2006/9/12 11:01

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

I got your pm for help.
Sorry my time is too tight for the moment.
Wish someone can help you with template modifications

nunomoc
  • 2006/9/12 11:38

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

Don't worry phppp, I've decided to hack into your templates, and I have corrected most of the bugs in the template, using portions of code from your newbb previous versions.

I'm doing some testing as I advance, but all seems to go pretty well. I believe that soon I will have a CBB 3.05 deluxe version to give to you.

I know you are working on a new version, but maybe you'll consider (if this version is bug free) to launch this one as a 3.05a version. Most of my work is being done on the templates area but I will try to correct some bugs that didn't exist on previous versions but appeared on this one...

Well, I'll contact you soon.

cyndiee
  • 2006/9/13 16:05

• cyndiee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/15

I am having the same issue. Would you mind sharing what you had to modify? All I get is hyperlinked text. I've looked through all the forums and don't see a fix for this issue.

Thanks

nunomoc
  • 2006/9/13 17:46

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

Quote:

cyndiee wrote:
I am having the same issue. Would you mind sharing what you had to modify? All I get is hyperlinked text. I've looked through all the forums and don't see a fix for this issue.

Thanks

Hi Cyndiee, first of all please make sure that if you are using a different theme for your website, that you have the following code in your theme index template.

<{$xoops_module_header}>

Then you can go here and explain your problem so that phppp (the creator of this module) can help you.

Don't forget to let him know some more info about your XOOPS system like:
Which version of cbb are you using?
Which version of XOOPS are you using?

I solved my problem by hacking into his code and modifying templates and altering some files.

Later I can always provide you with my modified files of the CBB 3.05 if the problem persists. But please remember that I'm not the creator of this module so I'm not sure if PHPPP will mind that I start to give modified versions of his cbb3.05... Well, they work well with my 2.0.13.2 version of XOOPS. But I can't promise there won't be some bugs...

Please take a look at my portuguese site athttp://www.ultra-secreto.com.pt/modules/newbb/ just to see what I did to the templates...

cyndiee
  • 2006/9/15 23:31

• cyndiee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/15

Thanks! My issue turned out to be very simple. The theme I was using was missing

<{$xoops_module_header}>

between <head> and </head> of theme.html

Adding that solved multiple issues that I was having!

nunomoc
  • 2006/9/17 11:25

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

Quote:

cyndiee wrote:
Thanks! My issue turned out to be very simple. The theme I was using was missing

<{$xoops_module_header}>

between <head> and </head> of theme.html

Adding that solved multiple issues that I was having!

Glad to see your problem is fixed!

Login

Who's Online

66 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 66

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits