arrakis
SOLVED: Two sites in the same directory
  • 2006/9/15 9:11

• arrakis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/1

EDIT: I solved the problem, the admin of the hosting kindly made the right temporary changes on the apache settings, even if as a first answer I got a "NO".

- - -

Hi all, I'm facing a little strange problem...

I need to make a site for a non-profit organization, it will be with XOOPS and some standard modules, plus others like Edito, C-Jay content, etc.

In this site there is actually another web site (html + flash + various downloads), that will be the erased.

The actual site needs to be on line and working until the very last moment, but at the same time I have to install and setup XOOPS and work togheter with people of this organization to fill it with a lot of contents.

I can't work locally because the various people are in different places, so it has to be on line.

I can't make a subdirectory for XOOPS because they don't want the site to be in a subfolder.

The only thing left to me is to put XOOPS in a subfolder to work on it and then do a migration, but I don't like that solution because every time I had to do it I experienced a lot of problems.

I noticed that the index.php of this site it's just a redirect to the real home page that is home.html, so I thought that maybe I could mix XOOPS and the actual site, and find a way to send the people do the actual site and at same time working for real on the main folder to build the site, then when XOOPS is ready just shift the redirect to the new site. But XOOPS itself has index.php as home page...

Is there a way to do that or I just give up since now and work in a subdir and then migrate?

I wish I could change the default index file of the server but it's not permitted

Login

Who's Online

77 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 77

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits