smfuser
NewBB2 Dropdown Menu - can't find attribute in newbb.css for menu text alignment
  • 2006/9/14 11:55

• smfuser

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/24

hiyas :)

Just wondering which css attribute in newbb.css controls the alignment of the 1st level of the dropdown menu in the forums.

I've reduced the width of each one by 20px, from 160px to 140px, to avoid having horizontal scrollbar when browsers is reduced to 800x600, more or less, but need to align the text and the doubledown-a.gif image to the left.

I looked and have tried text-algin: left; in a few places but no luck. I've also looked for the file which holds the html for it coz there is a 'aling="middle"' involved on that line, but can't find that either. Here is a snapshot of what I mean and what I need to do.

Resized Image

I need to align the image and text for each menu, to the left, to make the 'search forum' be on one line.

Also note the misalignment of the header, which is mainly due to a 'code' being on that page, but without a 'code' posted on page it's aligned neatly at that resolution, I just need the image and text aligned to the left, and can't find which attribute controls that. My mind's gone blank atm lol.
If anyone knows how to make the 'code' post feature wrap to avoid horizontal scrollbar while ya at it, would be handy too :)

Thanks in advance :) hope I not too confusing :)
I used to be Indecisive ... but now I'm not so sure

smfuser
Re: NewBB2 Dropdown Menu - can't find attribute in newbb.css for menu text alignment
  • 2006/9/14 12:19

• smfuser

• Not too shy to talk

I've reduced the font size by adding the following which is highlighted in blue and also changing the width again, and it's made the 'search forum' be on one line, but it'd be good if i could think of the attributes which i need to change to align that green icon to the left a bit more.

ul.newbb_level1ul.newbb_level2ul.newbb_level3 {

display:block;

margin:0;

padding:0;

border:0;

width:128px;             /* Width of the Dropdownmenu Title and Menu themself */

border:0px;

background:#2F5376;      /* Main Background of the Menu Folder */

list-style:none;
        [
color=0000FF]font-size10px;[/color]

Thanks in advance :)

smfuser
Re: NewBB2 Dropdown Menu - can't find attribute in newbb.css for menu text alignment
  • 2006/9/14 12:42

• smfuser

• Not too shy to talk

btw.. in Firefox it displays fine after I've edited as above, but in IE the green icon is slightly larger and a couple of the menus are still on two lines as in the image above. Is there a way to move this image to the left? i can't find the attribute *sigh* .. anyway thanks in advance again :)

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits