tonycharman
Upgrade from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 overwritten everything?

I believe I followed the upgrade installtion instructions to a "t":

Upgrade script instructions
--------------------------------------------

- Unzip the package
- Upload the *CONTENT* of the htdocs directory to your XOOPS root directory
- Upload the upgrade *FOLDER* inside your XOOPS root directory
- Login as an administrator
- Point your browser : <xoops_url>/upgrade/
- Follow the instructions
- DELETE THE upgrade FOLDER YOU JUST UPLOADED TO YOUR SERVER !!!

But When I get to "Login as an administrator" It takes me to the "install/index.php" and assumes it is a fresh install! Does this mean that everything has been overwritten? Did I do something wrong? Has anyone else suffered the same "error".

I am not sure where to go from here - I hope someone can get back to me quickly. Really hoping someone can save my day.

MSN is tonycharman@hotmail.com

zyspec
Re: Upgrade from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 overwritten everything?
  • 2006/9/13 12:31

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Did you make a copy of your mainfile BEFORE you copied the /htdocs to your site?
Quote:
Copy the content of the htdocs/ folder over your existing installation after having deleted "mainfile.php" and the "install" folder

Sounds to me like you may have overwritten your mainfile.php file.

tonycharman

Hi zyspec.

Did I make a copy of the mainfile - No. The instructions did not tell me to do so.

I'm not sure where your quote came from. I copied the entire upgrade instructions in my first post. In any case your quote says to delete (not copy) mainfile.php before copying over the the htdocs/ folder. It is leaving a bit to mis-interpretation if the instructions don't absolutely state what you should do.

I am presuming here, after having read your quote again and again, that it means delete the local (not remote) copy... But in any case, as I said the instructions that came from my fresh download (13th Sept at 10.49am GMT) don't say that.

If it is the instructions within the upgrade folder of the xoops-2.0.15.zip file that need changing I suggest that this is ammended quickly before anyone else falls foul...

I host with 1&1 and they have kindly offered to "turn the clock back" 24hours by accessing a backup their system automatically makes. Pheww - fingers crossed!

zyspec
  • 2006/9/13 14:23

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

The quote came from the 2.0.15 Release Notes. This link is also available on the XOOPS home page announcement for 2.0.15 availability.

You are correct, the quote was referencing the "new" 2.0.15 folder that had been extracted locally that's why it says "delete mainfile.php". If you had deleted it from the upgrade package before it was FTP'd to the server then your existing mainfile.php file would not have been overwritten.

Glad your hosting company is able to restore your site. I'd suggest you read the entire XOOPS release notes page before trying again.

BDW
  • 2006/9/13 16:01

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

Those are the wrong instructions.

I think those are for upgrading from previous versions from 2.0.14

This is the correct one:

Quote:
Upgrading from XOOPS 2.0.14

If you downloaded the 2.0.14-to-2.0.15 upgrade patch:

1. Copy the content of the htdocs/ folder over your existing installation (after having deleted the install folder if you're upgrading a live server)

If you downloaded the complete 2.0.15 package:

1. Copy the content of the htdocs/ folder over your existing installation after having deleted "mainfile.php" and the "install" folder

Remember you can download the "2.0.14-to-2.0.15 upgrade patch" found HERE

BDW
  • 2006/9/13 16:15

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

Also, you will need to look at the following page if you have problems with some forms not loading in some modules like: PDDownloads, WFDownloads etc.

Click Here

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits