RaMoFM
Edit error in Xoops
  • 2006/9/12 12:24

• RaMoFM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/9 1

Hi,

When I want to view my site, I sometimes get this error:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

I've searched through the files to find the document where I can edit that error, but I haven't found the file yet. Can someone tell me where I can find that file?!

Greets,
RaMoFM.nl.

Quest
Re: Edit error in Xoops
  • 2006/9/12 12:48

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

The file is located in the directory where you have uploaded your XOOPS files. In the yourdirectory/class/database directory. There you should find the databasefactory.php file. However, I don't think that editing this file is a good idea nor the one you want to edit. You probably have something wrong in the virtual path and physical path of the mainfile.php or your database prefix maybe wrong.

Quest

rplima2004
  • 2006/9/12 13:02

• rplima2004

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/8

Hi RaMoFM,

This error normally is about connection error on the database.
Check if in mainfile.php the parameters of database connections is OK (host, user, passwd, prefix, database). If all OK, contact your host and asks about problems in the MySQL system.

Rodrigo

RaMoFM
  • 2006/9/12 13:10

• RaMoFM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/9 1

Hi,

Thanks both! My question was not how to solve it (I know my Dut host PcExtreme has some problems with SQL) but when the visitors come to my site, I want to show them a Dutch, not technical, error.

Greets,
RaMoFM.nl

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits