geodeath
can i use xoops like that?
  • 2006/9/12 11:46

• geodeath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/12

Hello all!
As of yesterday i installed XOOPS and everything is going fine! I love the simplicity and the administration of it.

However, i have one question :

How can i define a "homepage" so when someone visits my site, he sees this start page every time. Imagine a corporation, where you need to have a welcome screen at first glance...

Because i am thinking to use XOOPS for a client that manufactures products, but not like an eshop use.
Just like any site you can find product descriptions like sony, philips e.t.c.

How can i define a start page? I tried searching in the settings for a block that would be something like that but i didnt find any.

Also, could i use css styling instead of html-mostly design?
take a look at http://www.csszengarden.com/?cssfile=/195/195.css&page=0

for an example, where all the styling goes inside the css. Can i build a theme around this concept or not?

thanks a lot

george

Will_H
Re: can i use xoops like that?
  • 2006/9/12 11:50

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

XOOPS ix a php based cms, html ALWAYS loads before php.

solution:

design your "splash page" using an index.html and drop it in your root.

You can use css instead of html, you just have to create table tags and the like and define them via css.

zyspec
  • 2006/9/12 11:52

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

There's 2 ways... First, and easiest is to use a custom block. Go to Admin > Blocks and at the bottom of the page you can define what you want to appear. Just set the block to show up on the Top page.

2nd option is to use a module called MyPage which, with a little very easy customization (which the docs walk you through), allow you to make a very simple module that does virtually the same thing.

geodeath
  • 2006/9/12 12:16

• geodeath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/12

thanks a lot, i will try both solutions to see whats better.

However my main concern with css design is that the html background is defined only once in the css file.

Importing this css file in all of the themes html files will use the same background in all them, right?

So, i though about creating 2 or 3 css files (where each one has a different bg), one for the middle content, one for the header and one for the footer (so you have a color degrade from top to bottom for example).

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits