namjagee
xhld cache.
  • 2006/9/12 7:30

• namjagee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/2 3

when i use the xhld to show up on a page. rss feed. I open the page and it's a blank screen. It's like that until i refresh the page or reload the page. Then everything shows up. I know it has to do something with the cache... Can anyone give me the details on why it does that.. and how to remedy the problem thx in advance.

jensclas
Re: xhld cache.

Please search the FAQ's on plank pages and cache.

namjagee
Re: xhld cache.
  • 2006/9/12 23:44

• namjagee

• Just popping in

i have fixed the blank pages problem, but having another difficulty with xhld fetch cache option. Every time i set it below 10 minutes it keeps giving 10 minutes as the minimum setting. How do i change this to under 10 minutes?

namjagee
Re: xhld cache..I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS ONE PLEASE
  • 2006/9/18 21:57

• namjagee

• Just popping in

I spoke too soon when I said it was fixed. Seems like if I refresh the page it loads quick. I did do the search on cache and look through the documents, but nothing seems help. Anyways i did the debug and the only error i get is the the message below

Only variable references should be returned by reference in file

which i read ok that it's just a bug that will be fixed on the next update of xoops.

I read the documentation on headlines module, but i'm using the xhld headline module because it allow multiple headlines. I really think if I could change the fetch cache on the headlines to less than 10 minutes it would make a difference or if I could disable the cache, but I can't make it under 10 minutes. Is this a problem with the xhld module itself or something other like apache or sql? I deleted all the cache files and it didn't help either.

Login

Who's Online

428 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 428

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits