ladysham
Emailing users issue
  • 2006/9/9 5:39

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

I am having issues with emailing the users of my website. I usethe "Email Users" in the System Admin. I have about 1100 registered users.

I can no longer email all my users. It will email the first 100 and then act like it has been completed. The System Admin no longer lets me click next to email the next 100 users at a time.

Any ideas? When I relaunched my site, I had to copy all the user email out of mySQL and send them out through my ISP email. Not a good thing to do!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design
http://www.shamrocksweb.com

If you're coming to see my house - give me two weeks. If you're coming to see ME - come any time!

Daigoro
Re: Emailing users issue
  • 2006/9/9 9:04

• Daigoro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/7/3 2

100 mails sounds like a "human" limit, and I would not be supprised to find out this is something your host is resposible for, as they are afraide of you perhaps sending out spam.

Many times they simply have a limit of say, max. 100 mails every 15 minutes.
Other times they analyse the headers of the outgoing post, and desides what kind of limiting they will enforce.

As the mails send from the XOOPS system does have incomplete headers, both senarios are likely. But you could ask your host about their politics.

And for the XOOPS mailer system... perhaps it's time to start thinking about some scheduling system when sending out mails?
Best regards,
Daigoro

ladysham
  • 2006/9/9 13:28

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Well, I have my own server that I host my sites on. I thought of that and made sure I had set it to unlimited emails, which it is.

So, any other ideas? I've used this feature many times before, but had not tried it again when I upgraded to 2.0.15.

Thanks!
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design

If you're coming to see my house - give me two weeks. If you're coming to see ME - come any time!

ladysham
  • 2006/10/6 16:01

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

I wanted to revisit this issue since I really need to be able to email all my users at once. For now, I have been sending out emails about 150 at a time through my web server as individual emails.

Is there anything in the core module that could be causing this? Any setting that's incorrect? Any help would be appreciated.
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits