xxDUCKxx
Private Messages not working with some themes
  • 2006/9/9 1:34

• xxDUCKxx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/9 1

I have XOOPS 2.0.14 and have downloaded a few of the themes available on the site. Private Messages do not work on most of the themes... I am particular interested in dream_on and fiblue3d. Does anyone know how to remedy this problem? I am new to all of this and open for suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help!

zimmi88
Re: Private Messages not working with some themes
  • 2006/9/9 2:48

• zimmi88

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Hi xxDUCKxx! Welcome to Xoops. From your post, I understand you're having a problem with Private Messages working with certain themes.

If the problem is that there is no link to the private message section, you can add a link in a block that only registered users can view, or make the User Menu visable to registered users. You can manage blocks from the administration section of the website (you have to be logged in to an administrator account to view this section) at www.***YOURSITE***.com/admin.php. The URL for the Private Message system on the 2.0.x branch is www.***YOURSITE***.com/viewpmsg.php.

If this doesn't solve your problem or I haven't understood your problem correctly, please feel free to post back. It would greatly help me and other XOOPS users troubleshoot your problem if you could include more specifics regarding what is the problem you are experiencing.

Once again, welcome to Xoops! Good luck with your site!
-zimmi88 =)
"Need coffee, keep away..."

xxDUCKxx
  • 2006/9/9 14:41

• xxDUCKxx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/9 1

Thank you for the reply.

I do have the link in the themes that I want to use. The problem is when I click the message link. It tells me there are no messages (which is correct) and when I click send to get the pop-up to send a new message, nothing happens. Like in the default theme, and in a few others, i can click the send button, get a pop-up, select who I would like to message, and send them the message. In MOST themes that I have downloaded this does not occur. Nothing happens when I press the send button. I thought this may be because I am using FireFox, so I tried it in IE... When I do it in IE, I get an error..

(This is for the fiblue3d theme)
Line: 121
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
URL:Http://www.warpedmindz.com/viewmmsg.php

(This is for the dream_on theme)
Line: 87
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
URL:Http://www.warpedmindz.com/viewmmsg.php

I also am not understanding why I get an error on different lines depending on the theme...

Do not all themes refer to this file. Why would it work with some and not others? Is it a version issue maybe?

I know all this probably sounds confusong, but it is the best I can explain.

zimmi88
  • 2006/9/11 23:25

• zimmi88

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Hmmm... so, from what I'm getting, you click the "Send" button in other themes rather than "Default" and nothing comes up. In Firefox, nothing happens, but in IE, you get those errors (I'm assuming on the viewpmsg.php page?).

There might be theme-specific javascript of some sort that is interfereing with the code that would launch the pmlite.php page. Javascript is pretty touchy; just one little syntax error will throw off the whole script! Unfortunatly, I can't test this for you to see if this is the case because my XOOPS site is live right now.

Other than the possibility of a Javascript error, I'm honestly not sure how to diagnose this problem. I personally haven't had a problem like this before. Check the template for the page and your theme for Javascript errors. You could also try rebuilding the template file and/or contacting the creator of the theme you're using for troubleshooting the theme.

Let me know how checking the template files and javascript goes. I'll see if I can get my hands on the theme files and sort through them.

Well, good luck with your site!
-zimmi88 =)

EDIT: So, I looked at the dream_on file to see what might be going on and I found that the theme's theme.html file is missing <{$xoops_module_header}> in the header. You could try adding that into theme.html in the header section and see if that changes anything.
"Need coffee, keep away..."

giba
  • 2006/9/11 23:55

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Look if resolv your problem.

- Admin area.
- System Admin module.
- Preferences.
- Set conf. generall
- Update tempaltes of module in folder "themes/templates"? (yes)
- Again, system modules.
- templates.
- Clone templates.
- add one new name template.
- Save.
- Again, systema modules.
- preferences.
- Set Conf. general.
- selet new template created (templates)
- system Admin.
- modules.
- Update module system.
- System modules.
- preferences.
- Again, system modules.
- Update tempaltes of module in folder "themes/templates"? (No)
- Save.

Well, normal private msg work with thems old (desta forma)

Sorry my english.

conagra0
  • 2006/9/18 17:19

• conagra0

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/10

I have the same problem, I'm using dream_on theme and PM does not work. I so far don't get errors but when ever i press the button nothing happens. I tried the above route but didn't work.

BlueStocking

BroHam...
Maybe This thread will help... Take it from the start.
I'm a newbie myself so I don't have the answer.. but I can google for relevant info if it is already out there.

http://google.com
in the search bar put the relevant words
example:

fiblue3d pm site:xoops.org

That in the search bar will search xoops.org for all instances of fiblue3d and pm.

you can do that with any combination of words and any site you wish to search.

SITE:yoursitename.com

Good luck
BlueStocking

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits