koralex90
CD Base (Discography Module) Lyrics Not Showing Up
  • 2006/9/8 12:14

• koralex90

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/15

Hi. About two weeks ago, my site recieved a major hacking. I managed to get it up and running again. Everything seemed to working apart from the discography CD BASE module.

Resized Image

It worked fine for a year and a half till my site got hacked. If I click on a song, this is all it shows.. two rows of periods.

Resized Image

But the thing is, if I go under the discography under admin menu, all the lyrics are there just as before. So it seems like its a script error thats holding it from showing.

My current XOOPS version is 2.0.14. I would greatly appreciate your help! Thanks.

martyboy
Re: CD Base (Discography Module) Lyrics Not Showing Up
  • 2006/9/8 12:25

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

I had the same problem when moving to a new server a few weeks ago, this problem can happen if register globals is set to OFF, check register globals in php.ini and see if it is set to OFF, you may have to change it to ON.

If thats not the problem try uploading the cdbase files again and updating the module in modules admin and check that the cdbase lyric table isnt damaged or corrupt.

Thats all I can think of.
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

koralex90
  • 2006/9/8 12:28

• koralex90

• Just popping in

Oh. but I think i turned it off because of protector.. T_T.. which should I sacrifice? haha

martyboy
  • 2006/9/8 12:34

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Well you shouldnt sacrafice security, I think register globals=ON is unsecure, it depends on how badly you need to use cdbase.

Alot of older modules dont seem to function correctly if register globals is off maybe someone with PHP knowledge could modify the code in cdbase so that it works with register globlas off. If you really need to use it though you probably need to turn register globals on im afraid.
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

koralex90
  • 2006/9/8 12:49

• koralex90

• Just popping in

ahhT_T you're right. its the register globals.. thanks for your help

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits