krewl
Need Module -> Couldn't find it.
  • 2006/9/5 17:39

• krewl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/14

I looked all through the Modules and couldn't find the Extended Profiles Mod. I need it to setup the COPPA Hack. That is the correct module for the COPPA Hack right?

If anyone can point me to the Profile Mod I need, I would appreciate it...

Thanks.
-------------------
www.illinoisbmx.com

jensclas
Re: Need Module -> Couldn't find it.

note this:
Extended Profiles is not in use on xoops.org - it is a module for XOOPS version 2.2.x (Xoops.org is still running on XOOPS 2.0.x)

So you won't find it in the repositpory - it goes with XOOPS 2.2 versions (which are not currently recomended). A search on extended profiles will give you more information.

I have never heard of a COPPA hack - but a CAPTCHA hack has been discussed here to give pople a number and letter code to sign into something - once again use search.

krewl
Re: Need Module -> Couldn't find it.
  • 2006/9/6 12:32

• krewl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/14

Cool, thanks. I will modify the register page then and add some COPPA Support (hopefully).

2.0.x, 2.2.x Did someone go out on their own and update xoops? Why the 2 different versions? I've only used XOOPS for a little while but I love using it for its ease and simple modifications.

www.illinoisbmx.com
-------------------
www.illinoisbmx.com

Will_H
Re: Need Module -> Couldnt find it.
  • 2006/9/6 12:50

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Technically to be COPPA compliant all you will need to do is edit your disclaimer. Which you can do through pref.

Or add a splash page if your site is "adult". Basically you just code up a single html document to point to index.php if they agree(over 18), then create a deny.html and point here if they disagree(under 18).

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits