Tobias
solved: Change default editor in Xoopseditor framework, Xoops 2.2.4
  • 2006/9/5 17:51

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/13

*edit*: Ok, found it myself, mods please delete this post or keep it for reference if it's worth it. The solution: There's an editor_registry.php in each of the folders of the different editors in /class/xoopseditor/. I've changed the "order" paramaters to sort them to my liking, which now seems to bring up Tinyeditor first. "Seems" because the cookies, you know. Will verify from a different machine.*end edit*

There're a lot of threads on how to change default editors here and there, yet I couldn't find an answer to my specific question...

...which is fairly straight forward: In XOOPS 2.2.4, where do I change the default editor that's picked from the ones that are present in /class/xoopseditor/ ?

The situation: I've succesfully installed Tinyeditor, and it works like a charm. I'm using it with phppp's article module, which, under XOOPS 2.2.4, lists a choice of editors from the Xoopseditor framework. Everything's absolutely and outrageously functional and nice, and I love it. Many thanks to everyone who's coded the different components.

Only problem: When people call the edit page, first thing that shows by default is the textarea editor. I would, nevertheless, pretty much prefer the Tinyeditor to load by default, with the textarea thing being used to fall back in case there's browser incompatibility. In other words: I don't want to uninstall anything or reduce choices for users, just to change the default, so that people see, if possible, a nice graphic interface instead of what, in that module and on my site, otherwise is raw html code.

Many thanks!
www.affvu.org

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits