gooloomoo
How to use Koivi(or XK) editor with News 1.44 ??
  • 2006/9/3 6:38

• gooloomoo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

I spent whole day to search an instruction of how to get it work, but I didn't find anything in detailed to tell how to do it.

I downloaded wysiwyg_sections1053b, but I didn't find any docs about how to use it.

I'm just wondering if somebody could let me know how to use Koivi(or XK) editor with News 1.44, best with a detailed instruction with what file I need to modify and anything related to this.

snow77
Re: How to use Koivi(or XK) editor with News 1.44 ??
  • 2006/9/3 6:45

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

well, I've never tried the wysiwyg sections you downloaded, I don't know what it does

If you get one of these versions:
xk_editor class v1.0.52.1.zip
xk_editor class v1.0.53 beta2.zip

from: http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1038

and place the wysywig folder inside the class folder of your XOOPS root and put in the new system_imagemanager (update system module after this)

you could then from preferences in news activate the koivi editor, and used it with other modules like smartsection.

gooloomoo
  • 2006/9/3 20:25

• gooloomoo

• Not too shy to talk

Hi, thanks.
I think I shouldn't download wysiwyg_sections1053b
I used xk_editor class v1.0.53 beta2.zip and got it works.

But there are some errors with the button 'smiles' and 'paste special', here is the error after I click these buttons:

Warning: main(/home/xxx/public_html/yyy/test/class/wysiwyg/../../../mainfile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/public_html/yyy/test/class/wysiwyg/dialogs.php on line 57

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/xxx/public_html/yyy/test/class/wysiwyg/../../../mainfile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxx/public_html/yyy/test/class/wysiwyg/dialogs.php on line 57

Warning: main(XOOPS_ROOT_PATHpublic_html/yyy/test/class/wysiwyg/language/english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/public_html/yyy/test/class/wysiwyg/dialogs.php on line 74

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATHpublic_html/yyy/test/class/wysiwyg/language/english.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxx/public_html/yyy/test/class/wysiwyg/dialogs.php on line 74

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getcss() in /home/xxx/public_html/yyy/test/class/wysiwyg/dialogs/smilies.php on line 2

snow77
  • 2006/9/3 21:04

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

try reuploading and overwriting all the wysiwyg folder in your server could be a problem of upload of the files.

gooloomoo
  • 2006/9/3 21:27

• gooloomoo

• Not too shy to talk

Hi
I delete the old one and reupload it, but still have the same errors.
Actually, I only have one wysiwyg folder which is the Koivi one I uploaded.

Is there any other possibility?

maxima
  • 2006/9/4 1:04

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/4 4

Are you using XOOPS 2.0.15? If so then TinyEditor 1.0 Beta will globally serve all your WYSIWYG needs.

Edit class/xoopsform/formdhtmltextarea.php at line 74 exactly like this
Quote:
var $htmlEditor = array( 'XoopsFormTinyeditorTextArea', '/class/xoopseditor/tinyeditor/formtinyeditortextarea.php' );

Download TinyEditor and all it's plugins plus the patches at http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1197

Follow th upload and install instructions for the editor. You also need to replace class/xoopsform/form.php with the one from XOOPS 2.0.14

Do all that and you will have a global WYSIWYG editor and not be stressed with the many other editors.

gooloomoo
  • 2006/9/4 2:28

• gooloomoo

• Not too shy to talk

Hi,thanks

Do I need to install all of the patch if I use TinyEditor ?

maxima
  • 2006/9/4 16:25

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/4 4

No, just what ever you think is relative to what you need. You should definitely get the imanager, ibrowser patches. Leave the V.05 patches alone.

Login

Who's Online

446 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 445

jjdai,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!