glennnphp
how to ACTIVATE 300 members
  • 2006/9/1 22:01

• glennnphp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/30

ok, i ran UPDATE SET scripts all night last night to get my users from one db to xoops_users - can someone tell me how i might Activate all of these people - i see the particular fieldset, but don't know what is generated to approve them...

thanks in advance,
gn

giba
Re: how to ACTIVATE 300 members
  • 2006/9/2 0:45

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Install Xmail.

This module send e-mail for activation members

glennnphp
  • 2006/9/2 0:51

• glennnphp

• Just popping in

isn't there a way I CAN ACTIVATE them without having to send them all an email? my partner sends them too many "Newsletters" already, i don't want to keep sending them stuff...

wtravel

Hi,

You can do this by updating table xxx_users, set level to 1 for these users.

I am not sure which systems you used before, but XOOPS uses MD5 encryption for passwords. If the previous system uses another encryption (or no encryption), their passwords will not work anymore.

HTH

glennnphp
  • 2006/9/2 6:32

• glennnphp

• Just popping in

ok, which field do i set to "1" - i see an actkey field that ends up holding the random string from the Webmaster's link. is that not necessary?

right, on the passwords. i ran them all through md5.

wtravel

The actkey field is only used when the user needs to activate the account. In this case you will activate the accounts for them so you can leave that field empty.

The field that needs to be be set to '1' is: level

glennnphp
  • 2006/9/2 7:57

• glennnphp

• Just popping in

gotcha - i really appreciate it.

i downloaded this to merely handle my user database and offer them a couple of mods, but i think this thing is AWESOME.

i have a script i need some minor work done to i can pay if you know where i might hire someone for some small work (it'd be quite easy, i know...)

let me know if you or someone would like to look at it and discuss a small fee...?

the site is here, (XOOPS is under Login and Calendar and Blog) >> http://www.luckytalentluckyfortune.com/

thanks
glenn nall

wtravel

XOOPS has a number of talented developers in its community who offer paid services. The best way to get attention for this is to start a new topic with something like:

Paid development: customized script

Describe the work you would like to have done to the script and ask them to contact you on a (spam proof) e-mail address or PM. You can discuss the details with the interested developers then.

Good luck!

glennnphp
  • 2006/9/2 8:18

• glennnphp

• Just popping in

thanks, great stuff...

Login

Who's Online

465 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 465

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits