Leopald
Blank Page after "confirm database settings"
  • 2006/8/29 3:40

• Leopald

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/29

Sorry in advance. I know this has been asked several times. I'm thinking my situation may be a bit different.

All the normal stuff... everything is green, however, as soon as I hit next on the "confirm database settings" page I get the white screen of death.

Database was created. PHP is enabled. I have several other PHP applications running with no problems (some that use an MySQL DB).

I'm using HSphere from our provider on a Unix box. All I see in the error log is:

"LETS RUNG THOUGH OUR ARGUMENTS: ARGV[0] /usr/local/tmodelli/php/bin/php"

This doesn't mean much to me unfortunately...

Any idea what I can check?

I appreciate any and all advice.

Leo

Leopald
Re: Blank Page after "confirm database settings"
  • 2006/8/29 12:42

• Leopald

• Just popping in

I had a chance to fool around with this a bit more at work this morning. Here are the errors the page is returning.

--------------------------------------------------------

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/install/class/textsanitizer.php on line 86

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/install/class/textsanitizer.php on line 86

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/install/class/textsanitizer.php:86) in /hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/install/index.php on line 101

Warning: main(/hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/class/logger.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/install/class/dbmanager.php on line 26

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/class/logger.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/install/class/dbmanager.php on line 26

Warning: main(/hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/class/database/databasefactory.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/install/class/dbmanager.php on line 27

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/class/database/databasefactory.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/install/class/dbmanager.php on line 27

Warning: main(/hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/class/database/mysqldatabase.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/install/class/dbmanager.php on line 28

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/class/database/mysqldatabase.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/install/class/dbmanager.php on line 28

Warning: main(/hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/class/database/sqlutility.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/install/class/dbmanager.php on line 29

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/class/database/sqlutility.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/install/class/dbmanager.php on line 29

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'xoopsdatabasefactory' in /hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/install/class/dbmanager.php on line 45

--------------------------------------------------------

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Leo

jensclas

Please check the 'please read before you post' link below. You need to also check the FAQ on blank pages. Once you have given this a try - come back and let us know how you got on.

Leopald
  • 2006/8/30 2:00

• Leopald

• Just popping in

jenclas,

I have done both of those things. None of the other blank page docs seem to pertain to this... those that do were running on Windows boxes. I am not.

Per the request of the FAQ, I included the error message that I receive.

Please let me know if there is something that I should have done that I didn't. As far as I can tell, I'm where I should be.

Leo

JCDunnart
  • 2006/8/30 5:26

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

Look at the 'No such file or directory in...' errors, that's where the problem is. Make sure the file exists at that location...

jensclas

leo - from the read before you post:

Quote:
Copy the following template into your post and fill-in as much information as possible. The more information you give, the more likely you will receive a quick and effective reply to your post.

XOOPS Version:
Module Name/Version:
PHP Version:
MySQL Version:
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other):
Operating System:
Theme you are using:
Custom template: (Yes/No)
PHP Debug Messages:
MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages:
A full description of the issue:

You have given us the last bit - your version are???

Leopald
  • 2006/8/30 16:02

• Leopald

• Just popping in

JC,

Thank you for your suggestion. I believe you are on the right track.

If I check this path (which is one of the ones that is mentioned in the errors):

hsphere/local/home/slikprod/slikproducts.com/xoops/xoops/htdocs/class/database/databasefactory.php'

I find that there is no folder called "database" under the class folder. Instead there are only the following 5 files:

cachmanager.php
dbmanager.php
mainfilemanager.php
settingmanager.php
textsanitizer.php

I have checked my installation files and this folder is not there either. I downloaded a fresh copy of XOOPS this morning and I still do not see the "database" folder under the class folder.

Could someone check for me and see if this folder should be there?!

Jenclas,

Here is as much of the info you've requested as I have available:

XOOPS Version: 2.0.14
Module Name/Version: NO MODULES
PHP Version: 4
MySQL Version: 4.0.26
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache
Operating System: Unix
Theme you are using: NO THEMES
Custom template: (Yes/No) NO
PHP Debug Messages: Attached in previous message
MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages: N/A

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Leo

Bender
  • 2006/8/30 16:21

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

That folder database below the class folder must be there.

Please help us track this package down:
Where did you download from exactly and which archivetype?

-------------------------------------------------

For a complete archive try this:
http://superb-east.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/xoops/xoops-2.0.14.zip
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

573 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 573

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits