Peekay
Catads 1.4. Error when printing an advertisement
  • 2006/8/28 15:49

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Can't fix this variable error that appears when you select the 'print' button for an ad:
Quote:

I've found the '_MD_CATADS_CONTACT_MODE0' entry in print.php (around line 63), but I can't find where it is supposed to get it's value from. I'm guessing that should be the email addess?. There doesn't appear to be a template for that screen.

Anyone got a clue?.

I'm using
Xoops 2.0.13.2
register_globals off
PHP 4.3.7
MySQL 3.23.58
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

msdana
Re: Catads 1.4. Error when printing an advertisement
  • 2006/8/28 17:29

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Peekay, here's my clue (my logic may be a littled twisted, but it makes sense to me )

I don't think it's supposed to show the email address, because if you click on the email link it brings up a window to type your message. You never see the email address of the person posting the ad (spamming and security reasons, I'm sure).

That being said, that entire line doesn't make sense, because it doesn't specify the preferred way to contact the poster. It reads "PM undefined variable telephone number". I assume it is supposed to be the word "email" in undefined variable, which does not publicly display anywhere in the module.

So just to get rid of the undefined variable crap I changed this in line 63 of print.php

Quote:
$annonce['contact'] .= ' '._MD_CATADS_CONTACT_MODE0;

to Quote:
$annonce['contact'] .= ' '._MD_CATADS_CONTACT_MODE2;

Still doesn't make sense, but it reads the word email, which flows along with the PM and telephone number.

HTH

I like this module, but it's full of bugs
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Peekay
  • 2006/8/28 19:49

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Thx msdana. I'll do what I normally do and delete the offending item from the template. I haven't found any other bugs as yet, but I guess there's still time.

Personally, I love twisted logic. It compliments my warped sense of humor and strange taste in clothes.

Peekay
  • 2006/8/29 12:36

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

I fixed the print error (I think your MODE2 suggestion is what it should have been in the first place).

On the plus side, I am very pleased to see that the developer has included an option in the prefs not only to disable HTML but to turn OFF bbcodes (a.k.a. xoops-codes) which gets rid of the horrid XOOPS DHTML editor. I only wish more developers did this.

There's a maximum-character check too, which is useful to stop idiots posting the complete works of Shakespeare in their ad.

The only other issue is that the DB table for price is set for integers and a PHP check in the form flags an error if you enter a comma in the price, e.g. 2,500. The module doesn't search for, or display anything by item value, so I'm going to try switching the DB to VARCHAR(12) and modify the form validation to allow comma's, colons and full stops.

I have to wash some socks today too.

msdana
  • 2006/8/29 12:43

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out.

Oh, and when you are done washing your socks, you can come wash mine
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

awarrior
  • 2006/10/17 12:04

• awarrior

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/9

This line you get
PM _MD_CATADS_CONTACT_MODE0

I also have the same problem and presume just about every body else does.

And yes Catads does have a few bugs, and I think I may have buggered a few off in my version.

I needed extra fields added and have now got mine stable and working, but of course with the above problem showing.

I am only taking a guess at this as I'm not a programmer, But work to a logical way and I may be wrong in this answer. But I think what appears is controlled by this line of text in the sql file.

`contact_mode` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',

Now having not tried this, but am wondering whether the line should really appear like this below

`contact_mode` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '',

Removing the 0 after default.

Anyone willing to give it a go ??
I'm smarter than the average bear boo boo......

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits