jonas
Alright for get xoopsgallery 2 what's the best?
  • 2006/8/24 22:23

• jonas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/27

ok i have used xoopsgallery 1 and recently tried to get XOOPS gallery 2.1 rc4 to fly but whoa what a pain ...
what other gallery is as good as xg2?
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.[size=x-small] [ Mark Twain ][/size]...

skenow
Re: Alright for get xoopsgallery 2 what's the best?
  • 2006/8/25 0:11

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I liked XG, but didn't like it's reliance on netpbm or ImageMagick, so I've tried xcGallery and MyAlbum-P. Both have bulk add (upload the folder to your site via FTP and tell the gallery to import it), both have similar templates for layouts, and both allow you to sort your albums into categories.

xcGallery has slide show and ecard capabilities. The ecard, however, just sends an email with preconfigured text and a link to the photo. You also have different options on the index page for which blocks to include.

MyAlbum-P will resize photos that are larger than your max width/height specifications, and lets you rotate the image when you upload it. It also gives you instructions to integrate your albums with your image manager and use the photos from your albums in your other modules. It has a Tell a Friend link, so it has the same basic functionality as the xcGallery ecard function. It requires the installation of the Tell a Friend module by the same developer, but I have hacked the template to use mailto: instead. The image manager integration also requires some hacks to work with Koivi (wysiwyg editor) - not too many, but just so you know. It allows you to restrict blocks (recent and random photos) to certain categories, which I like, and you can clone the modules for multiple instances.

None of the galleries I have tested allow you to restrict viewing to categories by user groups (XG2 is working on it, but looks really cumbersome)(MyAlbum-P is by the piCal developer, and in piCal, you can restrict access by category. So I am thinking it will be the easiest to implement).

At this point, I have one site on XG1, one on xcGallery, and I am developing another with MyAlbum-P. I think I will be migrating them all to MyAlbum-P.

Another one I have not tried is eXtGallery, which is still in development

jonas
  • 2006/8/25 2:01

• jonas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/27

Thanks Steve great info..

What does myalbum-p use to resize? i tried it once but i had to resize the pics before i uploaded them otherwise it kept them in the original res but displayed them smaller which meant the page loaded real slow..
I absolutely love xg2 but can't wait to get it tweaked to work

dave
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.[size=x-small] [ Mark Twain ][/size]...

irmtfan
  • 2006/8/25 3:08

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:
None of the galleries I have tested allow you to restrict viewing to categories by user groups.

xcgal do it easy for each album but the configuration is a little confusing.

but i recommend myalbum-p too. i never work with that but it should get access by groups.

if you have further questions about myalbum-p go to Gijoe website: http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/

He is author of this module.

n01un0
  • 2006/8/25 3:16

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/9

Quote:
You could view a demo version on http://www.zoullou.net/. Module's name is eXtGallery.

Forum thread:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=30&topic_id=52357

Coming soon

Login

Who's Online

304 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 304

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits