arie1985
Assign new Block to certain Groups
  • 2006/8/24 12:31

• arie1985

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/30

Hello

Whenever I create a new Block - the Block is assigend automatically with ALL the groups in my wesbite EXCEPT the group of Anonymous users

Anyone knows how do I give an order for the new Block to be assigned with NO groups at all?

Please don't tell me to go over my groups (one after another) and remove the permission of that Block from those groups because it's very frustrating to do that, and I'm sure there is an easy way out there

Quest
Re: Assign new Block to certain Groups
  • 2006/8/24 12:50

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

What version of XOOPS are you running? I am sure there is a way to do it and someone can help but we need to at least know which version of XOOPS you are running.

Quest

arie1985
  • 2006/8/24 12:55

• arie1985

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Quest wrote:
What version of XOOPS are you running? I am sure there is a way to do it and someone can help but we need to at least know which version of XOOPS you are running.

Quest

Hi Quest

My version is 2.0.14

That helps?

Quest
  • 2006/8/24 13:07

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Yes that helps. I am running 2.0.14 also. Strange though, mine doesn't automagically set all groups to have permission to a new block (unless the module install itself calls for it). It does normally grant permissions to Webmaster Group and Registered users. All others I go into groups admin and set as I would like. This does have its advantages I discovered, expecially after the installation of several more mods. It was either go in and un-grant permissions or grant.

But I am sure someone with more knowledge than I of hacking the code (if necessary) can help you.

arie1985
  • 2006/8/24 13:34

• arie1985

• Not too shy to talk

Quest, I had the same thing in the beginning, new Blocks were assigned ONLY to Webmasters & Registered Users groups but now they are assigned to everything (except Anonymous users groups)

I don't know why's that, I didn't change anything or something, I just have a lot of groups and blocks (and that's why it's frustrating for me to manually assign Block to a certain groups)

I really hope someone could help me with this issue, or at least explain me how can I adjust that whenever I create a new Block it will be assigned with no groups at all? (or with Webmasters & Registered Users groups as used to be)

davidl2
  • 2006/8/24 13:37

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I think this will have to change to a later XOOPS release, as apparently there are plans to improve blocks.

Please can you submit this as a feature request here

(Of course, someone may be able to assist you with a hack for now )

arie1985
  • 2006/8/24 13:48

• arie1985

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
I think this will have to change to a later XOOPS release, as apparently there are plans to improve blocks.

Please can you submit this as a feature request here

(Of course, someone may be able to assist you with a hack for now )

I already tried to post once at feature request but no one replied David

Why are you going that complicated by the way, like new version or hack?!

David, it's not that complicated!

I'm sure there's a file which "responsible" to all this, I just need to know which file it is and I will edit it by myself and probably see the problem getting fixed, don't you think?

Arie

davidl2
  • 2006/8/24 13:50

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

If it's not submitted - then people can't improve it.

Quest
  • 2006/8/24 13:58

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi Arie- I am looking around as I remember seeing something on this somewhere. My memory not what it used to be. But you know what? If you find it and edit it, guess what? You hacked it! heheehhee

Then all ya gotta do is share it, if ya want.

Quest

arie1985
  • 2006/8/24 14:16

• arie1985

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Quest wrote:
Hi Arie- I am looking around as I remember seeing something on this somewhere. My memory not what it used to be. But you know what? If you find it and edit it, guess what? You hacked it! heheehhee

Then all ya gotta do is share it, if ya want.

Quest

Right right, I thought about it 2 seconds aftet posting my post but didn't know if to change it or not :P

Anyway

I still don't have an answer and David's suggestions would take me about 1 year which is something I don't want to

Arie

Login

Who's Online

445 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 444

jjdai,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!