Thumdar
Should I Use XOOPS For My Current Website?
  • 2006/8/23 3:01

• Thumdar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/23

I have a niche website that has many game download mods and I am looking to update it. The thing is, I don't want my visitors to have to login but still want the database driven functionality. Can this be done with XOOPS? I have been looking at Mambo, e107 and now XOOPS but do not know which one is best for my site.

What I would like within my download pages is to have features like "POPULAR" and amount of downloads. I'm also going to be adding a game texture library that I believe can benefit from this.

Here's the main page that will benefit from whatever I choose:

Thumdar.com Downloads

Right now I am creating all pages in GoLive CS2 and do like the flexibility it offers with layout.

Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts

Thumdar

Bassman
Re: Should I Use XOOPS For My Current Website?
  • 2006/8/23 3:06

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Sure, check out the Theme Library or Module Repository links at your left, they are both examples of a XOOPS Download module (Can't remember which).

You should be able to duplicate your site's overall look into a XOOPS theme so it all matches. You may even find that some other parts of your site will fit into XOOPS easily too.

jensclas
Re: Should I Use XOOPS For My Current Website?

Before you make your final decision can i suggest a visit to the FAQ section - beginners first steps, modules and themes, and the Documentation website where you will find a visual intro to XOOPS and a number of draft docs in the workspace. Being familiar with where the support info is will be of assistance to your research. HTH

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits