SERB-4-LIFE
News module 1.44 - Displaying attached images.

Hello,

I just installed news 1.44 and i saw that its possible to upload an image for each article.
The problem is I wanted the attached image to show next to the article... Because it doesnt show i only get "Attached Files: pic.gif" at the bottom of the article.

Is there a way to display those images?

Thanks
Milos

msdana
Re: News module 1.44 - Displaying attached images.
  • 2006/8/23 3:45

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

The Image Manager will allow you to select and display an image in the News article.

If you have Image Manager set up in the admin section, you can upload and use images on the fly. More info on the Image Manager is available in the FAQ section.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

limecity
  • 2006/8/23 5:12

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

Try this

I haven't test it though and i not sure if that is what you wanted
http://www.mounthiking.com
all your hiking gears and gadgets

SERB-4-LIFE

Yeh thats what i needed but its to late now i had to code it all. You can see it here, www.srbijacafe.org, thats my website. This is how it works, when u add news you upload a picture it shows the picture on the first page of the site and the size is 70x60 when you go into the news page it shows the picture with the size of 110x110px and once you open the article it shows the pictures original size, i think its prety cool.

I dont like the image manager takes to long.

tzvook
  • 2006/8/30 12:36

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

SERB-4-LIFE wrote:
Yeh thats what i needed but its to late now i had to code it all. You can see it here, www.srbijacafe.org, thats my website. This is how it works, when u add news you upload a picture it shows the picture on the first page of the site and the size is 70x60 when you go into the news page it shows the picture with the size of 110x110px and once you open the article it shows the pictures original size, i think its prety cool.

Hi SERB-4-LIFE
Looks great, can you share the codes, I looked for this one for some time now ... ?

Limecity
I downloaded it, but didn't find the diff's ... and my news module is already changed a lot .... can you tell at lease what files has been changed ? and if I try to use my existing news tables, will it work ?

tzvook
  • 2006/8/30 14:16

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

O.k. got it ...

Used a diff app for it, then used a bit hacking to use it with a wysiwyg editor ( the [img] thing ) ...

But, I now need to embed it @ the blocks (passing it's vars to the blocks) .... and that looks a bit more difficalt. ...

the problem with news is that if you use it a lot you ran out of blocks (as if you need more then 1 template for the "popular" block for embading it with other categories @ your homepage ... and each "show" will look diferent.

Anyway, any ideas for embading the thumbs @ the block ????

tzvook
  • 2006/9/1 6:49

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

BUMP .... any response ....
It's an essential feature for the news module ....
ZSomeone .... code ...

SERB-4-LIFE

Hey man,

I wasn't the one who coded everything, but i will ask my frend who did it for me and we may then release the module, or do you just need the code for the block.

He changed the index.php from the news module completely and he edited the recent news block with the spotlight feature turned on and then i used the spotlight module to display the last 10 articles.

canbula
  • 2006/9/11 7:16

• canbula

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/10

Hi guys I also show you a different block for News Embed v1.44

http://www.bozkirinsesi.com

look at the center block..we call it HaberTV in Turkey
http://www.xoops-tr.com - Turkish Xoops

tzvook
  • 2006/9/11 11:50

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

SERB-4-LIFE wrote:
... I wasn't the one who coded everything, but i will ask my frend who did it for me and we may then release the module, or do you just need the code for the block.

He changed the index.php from the news module completely and he edited the recent news block with the spotlight feature turned on and then i used the spotlight module to display the last 10 articles.

Yep, I thought changes were made @ the module level and not @ the block only.
it will be great to get the code ( all module) ... if you can .. it really is cool !!!

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits