mferreira
dreameaver replaces >, <, and " chars.
  • 2006/8/19 21:22

• mferreira

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/19

Hi! im working with dreamweaver in a theme. I have a problem that is driving me crazy. Eache time that I modify something in the theme.html with the program, it replaces some of the <> and " characters from the foreach and include XOOPS tags. Ive been trying with dreamweaver's preferences but keeps breaking my code. Please, Has enyone of you found a solution to this?

Using Dreamweavewr 8.0
Sorry for my bad english... :)
I love to learn, feel free to tell me when I misspell something.
Using Xoops 2.0.16, FC4, PHP 5.0.4-10.5, Apache 2.0.54-10.4, mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1.

Cuidiu
Re: dreameaver replaces >, <, and " chars.
  • 2006/8/19 21:36

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

I use DW and found that if I do certain things, it will modify the Smarty code and I have to back track (undo) until it's recovered. I'm not sure if this will help you but I think my problems occurred when I used the property inspector and/or edited while in design view and found it's safer to edit in code view.

C
Quote:

mferreira wrote:
Hi! im working with dreamweaver in a theme. I have a problem that is driving me crazy. Eache time that I modify something in the theme.html with the program, it replaces some of the <> and " characters from the foreach and include XOOPS tags. Ive been trying with dreamweaver's preferences but keeps breaking my code. Please, Has enyone of you found a solution to this?

Using Dreamweavewr 8.0
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

mferreira
  • 2006/8/19 21:44

• mferreira

• Just popping in

You are right. It only does it in design view, but sometimes its hard to avoid it. for example when designing tables or moving a table to another place or copying them, etc.

Well, i will have to learn to live with it because it cant get rid of dreameaver.

To correct it I use only a seach / replace all for:

< / & lt;
> / & gt;
& / & quot;
Using Xoops 2.0.16, FC4, PHP 5.0.4-10.5, Apache 2.0.54-10.4, mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1.

Cuidiu
  • 2006/8/19 21:59

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

I use split screen between design view and code view. If I need to move or copy a table, div, or other block of code I do the following... In design view I either select the tag near the bottom of the screen (above the property inspector) or I select the table which highlights the code in code view, I then go up to code view and right click in the highlighted code to cut/copy and right click to paste where I want it . I work that way because I can be sure the entire element is being selected from opening to closing tag.

Quote:
mferreira wrote:
You are right. It only does it in design view, but sometimes its hard to avoid it. for example when designing tables or moving a table to another place or copying them, etc.

mferreira
Re: dreameaver replaces >, <, and " chars... no more!
  • 2006/8/21 23:52

• mferreira

• Just popping in

I did it!!!

I've managed to make something to prevent dreaweaver from messing my XOOPS code:
you can see the procedure here!

I followed the instructions and made two files that you should put in your dreamweaver folder:

Quote:

c:\program files\macromedia\dreamweaver 8\configuration\thirdpartytags

(or its equivalent on your computer). The same will work for all versions of Dreamweaver since version 3. You will then need to restart the Dreamweaver application, if it's open.

Im sorry but I cant upload them. Basically I converted the XOOPS favicon to a gif and called it xoops.gif (that's the file 1 of 2)

the second one is copy the following xml code into a xml file called xoops.xml:

<tagspec tag_name="xoops_smarty" start_string="<{" end_string="}>" detect_in_attribute="true" icon="xoops.gif" icon_width="14" icon_height="14"></tagspec>

and that one is the second file (2 of 2)

Quote:

All this does is teach Dreamweaver that Smarty XOOPS tags are similar to ASP or ColdFusion tags. This should insure that Dreamweaver will always leave the tags undisturbed. It will also show a XOOPS icon wherever you use the <{...}> tags.

So, now you can use, modify and whatever you want in dreamweaver, design and code view.

Enjoy!!

Bassman
  • 2006/8/22 0:42

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Interesting. I still use DW's code view sometimes, but I gave up on full design view a while ago because it sometimes did rather unexpected things to your theme.html

Cuidiu
  • 2006/8/22 1:16

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

Very handy, mferreira! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Login

Who's Online

105 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 105

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits