brighter
Which Calendar?
  • 2006/8/17 3:01

• brighter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/14

Hi.

I didn't find a current thread comparing calendar module or complete feature lists here, so hope this post will be useful to others as well.

I would like to have recurring items, if possible, and basically allow approved people (group) to add items and have other approved people (group) view.

Also, we have two basic categories for items, so ideally, we would be able to have a link for "Calendar1" and "Calendar2".

Thanks!

kurak_bu
Re: Which Calendar?
  • 2006/8/17 6:41

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/9/5 1

try piCal and extCal

brighter
  • 2006/8/17 7:02

• brighter

• Just popping in

On the comments under extcal, it says no recurring, so I had ruled that one out.

There are a number of problems listed in the comments under PiCal so I was worried about that.

metropolis
  • 2006/8/17 7:13

• metropolis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/15

piCal has been developed for a very long time now and - more important - is still being maintained by the author.

I use it for a very long time and didn't encounter any critical bugs yet. I would definetly recommend this to be the standard calendar application for Xoops.

kurak_bu
  • 2006/8/17 7:13

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

go here:
https://xoops.org/modules/repository/viewcat.php?cid=109
and here:
https://xoops.org/modules/repository/viewcat.php?cid=7

Download them and try, thats the correct way to choose the most suitable one.

metropolis
  • 2006/8/17 7:16

• metropolis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/15

Quote:

kurak_bu wrote:

I would recommend downloading piCal directly from the author's website http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/ instead of downloading it from the old, non-maintained xoops.org download respository.

kurak_bu
  • 2006/8/17 7:43

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

Quote:

metropolis wrote:
Quote:

kurak_bu wrote:

I would recommend downloading piCal directly from the author's website http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/ instead of downloading it from the old, non-maintained xoops.org download respository.

yes! true! this is the best solution , btw GIJOE with his modules is great!

brighter
  • 2006/8/17 8:08

• brighter

• Just popping in

Thanks everyone, sounds like PiCal is the way to go. This is sort of a different topic, but I'm concerned that the XOOPS module repository is out of date. At first I thought it was for a few modules or because they were reviewing before approving, but now I'm thinking may be I chose the wrong CMS. Help.

msdana
  • 2006/8/17 11:38

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Quote:
This is sort of a different topic, but I'm concerned that the XOOPS module repository is out of date. At first I thought it was for a few modules or because they were reviewing before approving, but now I'm thinking may be I chose the wrong CMS. Help.

While the module repository may be a little out of date, changes to the site are taking place and I'm sure the module repository is one of those that will get a "face-lift".

Currently, there are quite a few active modules developers around that work hard to provide stable, solid modules. However, it takes time and most of these developers have a life outside of Xoops.

I've been pleased to recently see a number of users take an active interest in XOOPS and become active in its growth and success.

Hope this puts your mind at ease about the future of Xoops. You did choose a great CMS
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits