n01un0
xoops.org front page modules?
  • 2006/8/16 12:09

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/9

Ok, I'm sure this has been asked but couldnt find it through search. What modules or hack is being used to display the center column ("Welcome to the Official XOOPS website" and "Latest XOOPS news") on the xoops.org front/index page?

How did you/they get 5in1 news blocks to show up with titles, images and info? I'm sure this is a hack of some sort so how do I do it?

Also, what module is being used for the static info in the "Welcome to the official XOOPS website" block?

msdana
Re: xoops.org front page modules?
  • 2006/8/16 12:24

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Quote:
How did you/they get 5in1 news blocks to show up with titles, images and info? I'm sure this is a hack of some sort so how do I do it?

You can get the XM-Spotlight module by Bandit-X. It's still in beta, but it works fine on my sites. You can do a search for it here or find a download link here.

Quote:
Also, what module is being used for the static info in the "Welcome to the official XOOPS website" block?

Not 100% sure, but it looks like a custom block that provides a link to a page in a module, don't know the module but perhaps a modified WF-Downloads..

[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

davidl2
  • 2006/8/16 12:27

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

The "Welcome" block is a custom block which links to a customised wf-download version (latest release available from http://www.smartfactory.ca)

The rest - as Dana says

n01un0
  • 2006/8/16 12:37

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I just downloaded the xm-spotlight by bandit and tried. I ran into all kinds of smarty issues and a blank page. Is this module not compatible with 2.2.4?

msdana
  • 2006/8/16 12:41

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

Runs fine on all my 2.2.4 sites.

Did you turn PHP debug on to see any errors?
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]

n01un0
  • 2006/8/16 12:45

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

Leaves a blank page with this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getmoduleoption() in /home/public_html/modules/xmspotlight/blocks/xmspotlight_block_news.php on line 10
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_themes.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_themes.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file modules/xoopsheadline/include/functions.php line 12
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file modules/xoopsheadline/class/headlinerenderer.php line 173
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_dummy.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_dummy.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084
Warning [PHP]: include_once(/home/public_html/modules/news/include/functions.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/xmspotlight/blocks/xmspotlight_block_news.php line 4
Warning [PHP]: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/public_html/modules/news/include/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file modules/xmspotlight/blocks/xmspotlight_block_news.php line 4
Warning [PHP]: include_once(/home/public_html/modules/news/class/class.newstopic.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/xmspotlight/include/functions.php line 29
Warning [PHP]: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/public_html/modules/news/class/class.newstopic.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file modules/xmspotlight/include/functions.php line 29

msdana
  • 2006/8/16 16:39

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

Hmmm What version of news are you using? Do you have multiple news modules installed?

The "unable to read resource" warnings *should* go away if you update the system module and re-generate any templates if needed.

n01un0
  • 2006/8/16 18:08

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

Wrong news was the culprit. Turns out on the site I was testing with, I was using that news embedded module from bluemoon I think. I switched to standard 1.44 and the xmspotlight works PERFECT!!!

Awsome module! Just what I was looking for. Thanks guys for all your help and guidence.

On the WFSections module, the repository show v1.01. Is that the latest? Isn't smartsections from smartfactory a completely different module?

Thanks!

davidl2
  • 2006/8/16 18:13

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

WF-Sections is no longer being updated - although Catzwolf (John_N) may possibily do something with it in the future.

I would recommend either SmartSection or Phppp's Article (although there are some other good ones about as well )

Login

Who's Online

422 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 422

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits