Dave_L
Re: Unable to access Edit User permissions X2.2.3a
  • 2006/8/12 17:02

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Hmmm ...

I looked at a XOOPS 2.0.14 install, and that checkbox is there, but it's not in XOOPS 2.2.4.

Do you have the Extended Profiles module (2.2.x only) installed and activated? That module has its own permissions settings that control which user profile fields are editable.

zANavAShi
Re: Unable to access Edit User permissions X2.2.3a
  • 2006/8/16 0:18

• zANavAShi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/6 5

Hi Dave, sorry for slow reply but I've been crazy busy here.

To answer your question, yes I am using Extended Profiles module. This module is the best thing since sliced bread IMO and it gives me the best possible control and customisations over my members accounts and profiles.

I think I should also explain that the I was trying to use that checkbox to assign account editing priviledges to a site member who needs to add/edit user accounts but I need to block his ability to mess about with system/module configurations (which is why I cannot give him full admin access)

Do I understand correctly that the "Edit Users" checkbox is redundant now so there is no need for me to worry that I cannot activate that checkbox? And I can give this member full user account management access just by assigning his user group access to the Extended Profiles module?

Thanks again for all your replies.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits