whooven
Search Keyword Cache
  • 2006/8/15 14:07

• whooven

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/17

I searched and couldn't find anything so here's a new thread.

It's conceivable that as my XOOPS site grows, more articles are published and search engine traffic increases, more and more people will utilize the search feature. While there are lots of good reasons for searche results to be dynamic, some sites just don't change all that much. For those sites, it seems like search keyword caching might be a good idea to reduce db queries/mysql server load.

For example, perhaps the top search on my XOOPS site each week is "car club". Instead of asking the db to spit out a new results page each time, how about a module that caches the search results for that key phrase for a specified period of time? There's no need to cache every tiny search. Maybe just the top 10. The number of cached terms and the cache time should be selectable. Caching should only occur for the specified terms during the first search for those terms if the cache period has expired for that term.

Doesn't sound like it would be that hard to do. Perhaps borrow from the built-in module caching feature?
"I'm going to see if this internet thing takes off" - someone told me this when I suggested he needed a website.

hervet
Re: Search Keyword Cache
  • 2006/8/15 16:08

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

May be you can use the Google search instead of the XOOPS search ?

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits