PeteB
New Install on Windows-Blank Screen After DB Confirm
  • 2006/8/8 18:29

• PeteB

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/8 1

Greetings all,

I have searched these forums and have seen some folks with what may be the same (or similar) problem but I can't be sure (nor do any of the ideas or suggestions therein help solve this problem…)

Here's the framework:

I am installing 2.0.14 of XOOPS on a Windows 2003 Server (fully patched). I have 2.2x of Apache, 5.1.4 of PHP and 5.0.19 of MySql. I have the most current php5apache2.dll. The integration of Apache, MySql & PHP seems to work fine. I have created a database for XOOPS in MySql (doesn't matter really; same error whether I give it the name of an existing DB or a new DB).

As I go through the install I have “green lights” everywhere-Not a single Red or Yellow yet no matter what I do, when I click “Next” on the page with the main screen window titled “confirm database settings” (which I have, of course, everything is correct), I am immediately sent to a blank page.

No errors (anywhere; even in the system event logs), no feedback just this very blank page. I am stumped as to the possible problem. I am hoping some kind and knowledgeable soul out there can give me an idea as to what’s going on or directions on what to try and/or how to get some error/informational messages…SOMETHING!!

I need to get something going here ASAP so any help or recommendations will be most GRATEFULLY appreciated…

Thanks,

Pete

jensclas
Re: New Install on Windows-Blank Screen After DB Confirm

In the FAQ section there is a page for troubleshooting blank pages with lost of ideas. I am not familiar with windows server but I have done a local instal of XOOPS on a wamp5 server and have a draft tutorial on it if you would like to look.

The other thing to try is the files integrity check that is mentioned in the release notes for 2.0.14 - when i did an upgrade on the localserver I had blank pages but replacing 'missing files' after the file integrity check resolved the problem. That made the blank page easy to resolve.

You could simply need to check your mainfile.php has the correct information in it.

You can try a search on windows server and see if there are other posts about using this server for XOOPS too.

That's about it for ideas from me - hth

JCDunnart
  • 2006/8/8 20:22

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

Maybe this post helps...

PeteB
  • 2006/8/9 17:39

• PeteB

• Just popping in

Thanks for the leads.

I got the MD5 file checker and ran it as recommended. All I got was an "end of files check" or something. Whatever, it was clear the files I have are intact. I haven't had much luck with the FAQ and blank pages but will try that again. As to your write up, I would REALLY appreciate a look. Maybe if I can get a local install running it would give me some clue as to why my server install is dying when its time to create (or use an existing-I have also confirmed the contents of mainfile.php-All is well) database.

My HELP!!! sign is still up...if anyone else has any ideas or suggestions I will be most grateful.

Thanks,

Pete

PeteB
Re: New Install on Windows-Blank Screen After DB Confirm-IT'S UP!!
  • 2006/8/9 18:43

• PeteB

• Just popping in

Thanks everyone for the ideas and suggestions. Turned out there were a couple of incorrectly set directives in (among others) the PHP.INI file which resulted in PHP not being able to run MySql.

Fixed these, XOOPS came up just as expected.

Many thanks for everyones help

Pete

jensclas

Hi Pete

test this one out for me please: wamp5 set up ready for XOOPS local install.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

sfamiliar
  • 2006/8/11 14:07

• sfamiliar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/8 2

i'm actually having the same problem -- what exactly did you change? i'd be grateful for any help.

ncodes
  • 2006/8/11 17:58

• ncodes

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/8 9

give your 'cache', 'uploads', 'template_c' folders 777 premission!

jensclas

This might help:
In a windows environment mainfile.php needs to have the 'read only' property unchecked. You check it again when the installation is complete. So...if you can't use the server to change chmod, consider the 'read only properties...guessing!

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits