trina
Need help with Comic page and setting up review page using WF-Section
  • 2006/8/10 23:41

• trina

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/28

Hi! I have two questions. I have searched and searched and can not find any answers. My website is a gaming community: GamingAngels
1) Does anyone have a comic module? I basically need to show a comic and have the ability to move forward and backward through the comics. I would hate to use image gallery because that's not the same functionality.

2) I am using WF-Section for articles and reviews. I am trying to make the reviews look a certain way (like a typical video game site) and I can't seem to get that to work. I've made a template html page, but I cannot edit it in the editor. So do I need to make an html page for each review?

Also, it seems to be that XOOPS is losing it's development support. The modules are all either old, not updated anymore, or completly broken. Is there a group of people updating the site? Doing some housekeeping? Or is it time to change CMS packages before I get to involved in the site?

Bassman
Re: Need help with Comic page and setting up review page using WF-Section
  • 2006/8/11 0:17

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Hi Trina

It sounds like you want a module that operates like a Webmanga. There's not one like that that I know of yet. I know you would probably prefer to keep your comics within the XOOPS framework, but you may have to use a different script for that part of your site.

It's easy enough to modify how a page within a module looks: you just need to edit the correct template to suit. You have to clone the default template first though. Check the FAQ if you're not sure how to do this.

Xoops is like any other open-source project: People do move on sometimes, and leave their module projects unsupported when XOOPS is updated for whatever reason. If there's enough demand, someone will usually take up the challenge of updating it. If not, there's always the option of paying someone to do something :)

PS Nice site.

gestroud
  • 2006/8/11 2:09

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Comics module

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=32&lid=1126

Bassman
  • 2006/8/11 2:25

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I thought of that, but i'm sure it's not what trina wants :)

gestroud
  • 2006/8/11 3:14

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I have a feeling you're right.

One possibliity would be using an image gallery/slide show script. There are a lot available at Hot Scripts.com. It could be placed on an HTML page and tied into one of the HTML/static content modules, like tinyd0 or tinycontent.

I know there are some random image modules like Random Babe and Pin Up that allow the user to change the images , but I've never used them, so I don't know if they have slideshow abilities.

trina
  • 2006/8/14 16:42

• trina

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/28

Hi! Thank you both for reading and responding to my post! I appreciate it. Yes, I have looked at that module but it's not what I need. I have very talented volunteers who are making their own comics that are geared toward the site's theme (female gamers).

I can probably create a table and write my own PHP code to do this, but how do I keep the look of site the same? Or maybe I'm asking how I would go about creating a module?

Again thank you for your help and thanks for the compliment on the site. I have so much work to do on it! hehe

Any help on the WF-Section?

Login

Who's Online

115 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 115

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits