YouXoop
Custom xoop module
  • 2006/8/10 1:55

• YouXoop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/9 1

Hi there,

I'm a xoop newbie.
When we develop a custom module in Xoop, does it need to be written in PHP lanaguage only? For instance, if I have a web report written in asp.net, can XOOP load this asp.net report as a module?

Please advice
Thanks

nekro
Re: Custom xoop module
  • 2006/8/10 4:26

• nekro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/11/9

no ... check yout other post...

wtravel

I think it is possible if you use an iframe that points to a file on a webserver that can run asp scripts. I do not know enough about IIS to tell if you can run the scripts on the same server.

YouXoop
  • 2006/8/10 17:57

• YouXoop

• Just popping in

Iframe is a good work-around. I will try that.
My asp.net webreport might need user authentication information from the XOOP portal. Look like I need to pass that info via the URL querystring when I call my webreport in the IFRAME.

Does the IFrame come with XOOP after the installation?
On this web site (xoops.org), I clicked on the Module Repository menu but could not find IFRAME module.

Thanks for the advice. More advice is appreciated!

wtravel

IFRAME is not module, you can just use the HTML tag in your module output page. Be careful about security when using a passthrough webstring. Make sure only the authorized persons have 'view' rights to that module. People who can see the module can see the passthrough variables if put in the IFRAME element.

The 'how to create a module' documentation as refered to in the other topic you started are a great reference for the php programmer to start with .

nekro
  • 2006/8/10 18:35

• nekro

• Quite a regular

there is a iframe module...

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=43&lid=1199

luck!... i am using it in the university where i work for... to show stadistics...
example:
http://sertec.unq.edu.ar/modules/sections/index.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1
click any link... and you would go to a iframe from the myiframe module...

i am also using a iframe in a custom block... check in your right of my page... in the red number... that number... that nuber cames from an ASP page in a IIS server...

luck!

YouXoop
  • 2006/8/10 19:53

• YouXoop

• Just popping in

Thanks for bringing up the myIFRAME.
I clicked around on your sample site.
One thing I saw (same experience I had with the other portal from RainbowPortal using IFrame), user will see two scrollbars; one from Xoop and one from iframe. I think it's minor issue but my users do ask questions once in a while. The security issue is what I have to think more about it. Passing user authentication in the URL string is not safe at all.

nekro
  • 2006/8/10 21:13

• nekro

• Quite a regular

you can have ... a page in your server in PHP which takes the information... soo... you call that page into a iframe something like..

<iframe src"thepageinphp.php" >

that page... will redirect the information in POST ( a secure way ) with javascript... how you do that???

well make a form with hidden imputs

<form method="post" action="otherserver.com/totheasp.asp" name="theform" id="theform">
<input name="thesamenamethantheaspform" value="<?$xoopsUser->getVar("uname")?>" />
</form>

and in a javascript

document.theform.submit()

i dont remember well how i did it.. but i've done it once...

LUCK... TOO MUCH LUCK!
document

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits